We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surf Fishing in October

Huntersville, North...
Destination Expert
for Huntersville
Level Contributor
577 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Surf Fishing in October

We are considering a trip to the the Outer Banks (Hatteras)to fish in late October.

Will it be crowded?

Where should we go? Avon? Buxton? Frisco?

Any rental company reccomendations?

Let me know ASAP so I can make some plans!!

Pennsylvania
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Surf Fishing in October

We go down every year the third week in Oct for a surf fishing tournament. This year it starts on the 18th. It's a little busy at that time due to the tournament but certainly a lot more tolerable than high season. The following week would probably be more peacful. We alway stay in Hatteras Island. I'm not an expert, by any means, but the people in my group are serious fishing people and they only stay in Hatteras and fish the point. I have also heard that Frisco is good. We use Outer Beaches Realty. The weekly rates are dirt cheap right now and there are plenty of houses still available. Enjoy!

Amissville, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,430 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Surf Fishing in October

The crowds depend on the fishing report I find week ends to be more crowded but it’s a good time of year the bigger drum are around and still plenty of bottom fish too.

I would think Frisco as from there you have several directions to go to fish, The Point, The inlet or south beach also a short hop over to Ocracoke too.

Can’t recommend a rental co. as I have stayed there in years but Colony or Midget worked for me when I use to stay on Hatteras as they seemed to have the best price .

3. Re: Surf Fishing in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 17:17