We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gas shortage?

Wooster, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
2,097 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
gas shortage?

I've been reading reports that some gas stations are without fuel and others where people are sleeping in their cars in gas station parking lots to be first in line in the morning. The reports just said some southern states. Can someone tell me what the situation is there?

Thanks for the help.

Amissville, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: gas shortage?

Doesn’t seem to be a problem on the coast the problems were in western Carolinas seems to be plenty on the Outer Banks now

New Bern, North...
Level Contributor
257 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: gas shortage?

As poster above said the gas shortages are mainly in Western Carolina, though I noticed today that there were a few gas stations here in New Bern who had bags over their pumps. However, I've only seen two stations that were completly out of gas.

You should be ok. I am leaving for OBX tomorrow night and I will try to report what I find once I get there.

Mentioned in this post
New Bern
New Bern
North Carolina Coast, NC
Wooster, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
2,097 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: gas shortage?

Thanks to both of you. I feel better about this already. Only 4 days to go and I feel like I don't know enough about the OBX although I have that part down. Still don't know where we have to eat, where we want to go for sunsets. So much research and so little time.

Amissville, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: gas shortage?

shmirl

You might find more info in this site just for new comers

http://fishoinc.tripod.com/

Where are you staying I might be able to help with the Sun Sets

Wooster, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
2,097 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: gas shortage?

We are staying at the Sea Scape Beach and Golf Villas. It's a timeshare exchange my Brother lined up. As mentioned in another post, I love to take walks in the morning and have breakfast out. Can you help with the sunsets?

New Bern, North...
Level Contributor
257 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: gas shortage?

Gas is fine here in OBX. However my husbands truck is diesel and we had a hard time finding a station with diesel.

AS far as sunsets anywhere on the sound side. I think we are going to head to Duck tonight to watch the sunset. If we don't do that, we may go to the little beach behind Jockey's Ridge.

Have a great trip, the weather has been nice, a little cool in the evenings and early morning.

7. Re: gas shortage?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 11:18