We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental house for OBX in early Sept?

Denver
Level Contributor
66 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Rental house for OBX in early Sept?

Hi, my hubby and I are planning a trip this fall to OBX with another couple. Both couples have twin girls who will be 14 months and 16 months by then. We want to rent a big house (6 bedroom minimum) as there is a third couple with three boys ages 11, 9, and 7, who may join us) stay on the ocean, preferably with a pool, and somewhere that is pretty close to shopping, restaurants, etc. I have never been, and neither has the other couple, but hubby has...Any suggestions?

What do we need to know about Hurricanes at that time of year? Any suggestions at all are appreciated!!!

Thanks!

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental house for OBX in early Sept?

I would suggest the Nag's Head or South Nag's Head area. You can search rental companies and go through their list of properties online.

As for the weather-yes it is hurricane season. Can't predict now, but there is always a possibility. We had one of our worst storms in Sept a few years ago, no power for 10 days. I would recommend insurance.

Provided there are no storms- it can be the best this time of year to vacation!

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,800 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental house for OBX in early Sept?

Nags Head would be your fist choice, Kill Devil Hills is second and South Nags Head is 3rd.

There are many good rental companies to choose from. Do a google search for Outer Banks Rentals and start looking.

Upstate New York
Level Contributor
483 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental house for OBX in early Sept?

I'd actually suggest Duck. Any of the reputable rental companies will have excellent houses. The houses are all somewhat similar. We've been renting from Elan Vacations lately, although we have also rented from Resort Quest and Twiddy. We like the Sanderling subdivision. Have a great trip.

4. Re: Rental house for OBX in early Sept?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 14:42
Get answers to your questions about Outer Banks