We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renditions or Flying Fish?

snowrooster
Level Contributor
21 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Renditions or Flying Fish?

Looking a for a nice dinner for our last night of our vacation. We are a family of four w/young kids so nothing too upscale. I have narrowed it down to Renditions or Flying Fish. Any thoughts on these two?

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,800 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renditions or Flying Fish?

We go to Flying Fish a lot, one GREAT thing is they accept reservations. That can be a big deal in the summer. Renditions is good, but the Fish is better.

Southern Shores...
Level Contributor
132 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renditions or Flying Fish?

I agree with OBX. Renditions is new to the beach. After reading a lot of positive reviews on TA I decided to go there for my bday last April. It was strictly mediocre...nothing to write home about. And that wasn't my opinon alone...that was the group consensus (there were 8 of us).

I haven't been to Flying Fish in ages.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
435 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renditions or Flying Fish?

Flying Fish Cafe would be the better of the two. Signup for their e-mail list, and they'll send you a coupon for your first visit. Info is on their website.......

http://www.flyingfishcafe.net/main

Cleveland
Level Contributor
138 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renditions or Flying Fish?

flying fish! there are coupons in the tourism guides as well.

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,800 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Renditions or Flying Fish?

George is the master of the email discount coupon. We signed up for everything they have and we get a $10 discount emailed now and then and today we got a $20 off coupon is used before June 16th. I get a coupon on my birthday (June 15th) and the food is really good. Something there changed 2-3 years ago and it was for the good. If you have not been there in the past 2-3 years, or if you were turned off prior to that, revisit and I bet you will be happy. I love good fresh tuna and they have it! Every time I go it is fresh, not fish taste like you get from 2-4 day old tuna (yuck) and the crab cakes are to die for. Save room for a coffee at the end (reg or decaf).

6. Re: Renditions or Flying Fish?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2009, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Outer Banks