We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report

Green Bay
Level Contributor
189 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report

We arrived in the Outer Banks on June 13 and stayed a week.

We rented a house from Beach Realty and Construction and would defintely suggest them to anyone. The house exceeded our expectations and the on-line photos did not do it justice. The rental staff was friendly and helpful.

We stopped for lunch at the Outer Bank Brewing Company and enjoyed the different beers that we tried; however, I would not eat here again. The food was okay, but not worth returning for.

We also ate at Five Guys Burgers and really loved their burgers. Great food!

We had dinner at Tale of a Whale. We had 11 in our party and our waitress was great. The food was very good and we would return.

We stopped at Duck Donuts one morning and we would definitely stop again. The donuts were made to order and so yummy. Still hot too!

We stayed in Southern Shores about a block from the beach and loved the area.

My son took the hang gliding lesson offered by Kitty Hawk Kites at Jockey Ridge State Park. He really enjoyed it, but beware the whole process takes 3 hours. I didn't mind sitting on the dunes and taking in the sights while we waited and watched him. Very beautiful scenery, you can see from the ocean to the sound.

My husband took a day wreck fishing trip with Country Girl Charters and enjoyed it.

Shopped in Duck Village and found some neat items.

We went to the aquarium in Manteo which I would suggest if you have smaller children. We have been to many aquariums and although this was nice, it was a little small and only took us about 45 mins to an hour to go through and that was because we had a 1 1/2 year old with us. If we had not had him, we would have finished in a lot less time.

Loved the Outer Banks and cannot wait to return.

PA
13 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report

Nice trip report, glad you had fun. Thanks for sharing. We will be in the middle of Duck in late July close enuff so that my family can walk to Duck Donuts in the morning

Murrysville, PA
Level Contributor
313 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report

Great report - thanks for sharing!

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
435 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report

Enjoyed your trip report.

Five Guys is awesome. We have one just a few miles from home. We eat there often.

Thanks for taking the time to post your report..........

4. Re: Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2009, 06:17