We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best route from NYC?

Staten Island, NY
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best route from NYC?

I get different directions on Google and Mapquest. Is it better to take I95 all the way or should I take US-13?

If it matters, I am staying in Southern Shores.

Thanks

toronto
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best route from NYC?

US 13 far and away the better route.

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
177 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best route from NYC?

We travel to the Outer Banks from Philadelphia & have tried both routes. Rt. 13 is the way to go!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best route from NYC?

Definately take 13. I95 takes you way out of the way, not to mention the traffic!

Cheryl

scw
Bear, Delaware
Level Contributor
479 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best route from NYC?

A small modification to the Rt 13 trip is to divert onto Rt 113 near Dover, Delaware and then pick back up Rt 13 just south of Salisbury, Maryland. Two of Delaware's small town police forces are waiting and watching for speeders. Harrington and Greenwood, DE are two very well-known speed traps. Salisbury, MD is a traffic nightmare. Rt 113 is a less traveled roadway without speedtraps.

Steve

Staten Island, NY
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best route from NYC?

Thanks for the tip.

6. Re: Best route from NYC?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2010, 06:17