We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Phialdelphia- 2pm departure this Sat.Traffic ?

philly
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Topic
Driving from Phialdelphia- 2pm departure this Sat.Traffic ?

What is a good time to leave in the afternoon ?I am leaving this Sat from PHL to Corolla and heard that turnover day gets very busy during the day. Was wondering if anyone has comments/views on heading out Philly area around 1 or 2 pm- would the traffic get bad arriving .I am guessing I will arrive around 9 pm.

Outer Banks, NC
Level Contributor
479 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving from Phialdelphia- 2pm departure this Sat.Traffic ?

Check out time is 10am and official check in time is 4pm. Can't imagine you'd have any traffic problems that late in the day.

Flanders, NJ
Level Contributor
251 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving from Phialdelphia- 2pm departure this Sat.Traffic ?

If you leave at 2:00 PM you will be sitting for hours in DC traffic. You have to be south of DC no later then 11:00 AM on a Saturday. I left NJ at 4:30 AM so I would be south of DC early enough to miss the traffic.

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,393 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving from Phialdelphia- 2pm departure this Sat.Traffic ?

I hope you are not considering taking 95-your best bet it Rt. 13. I live in Va Beach and driven dozens of times a year for the past 25 years to Wilmington DE-13 is the fastest-less traffic/headache route. You will have no problem at that time of day.

4. Re: Driving from Phialdelphia- 2pm departure this Sat.Traffic ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2010, 06:17