We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

oceanfront house for early June

gramm1e
1 post
Save Topic
oceanfront house for early June

I would like to rent an oceanfront house for a week in early June. I need a minimum of 4 bedrooms and 3 baths (more is no problem), internet, and pet friendly. I would prefer a hot tub and a pool would be wonderful. This will be a Christmas gift for my sons and their families (6 adults, 2 children, and 2 dogs) so I would like something special. I'm open to any location in the Outer Banks, but we do not have 4 wheel drive for remote Corrolla homes. Any suggestions?

Amissville, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,398 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: oceanfront house for early June

Many of the rental co. off a search for what ever is your desire . The location you choose should include what else you want to do

Upscale shopping and Restaurants look into duck or north of Duck .

If your into Fishing from your 4 wheel drive Look Nags Head South also good shopping area.

Kitty Hawk south if your into History .

Here is a site that will give you most of the rental co.

http://www.obxconnection.com/

Start your search there Good Luck

Ashburn, VA
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
403 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: oceanfront house for early June

As stated before, the rental company websites will offer you many ways to search based on your specific needs. If you start with the Currituck or Dare County websites, they will lead you to rental companies in the area. Most are very reputable. Once yu find a company, if you have questions about its service, post hear and you will receive lots of feedback.

I should correct your assumption though that Corolla is only reachable by 4 wheel drive. That is not true. The area north of Corolla --Swan Beach, Carova, etc. is reachable by 4x4. Corolla itself is completely accessed by car, just like other areas.

Good luck on your search, and what a wonderful gift to your sons!

Outer Banks, NC
Level Contributor
479 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: oceanfront house for early June

I suggest you look at Duck or Corolla no 4x4 needed. Check the websites for Twiddy, Elan, Beach Realty and Brindley Beach. There should be an excellent selection this early. What a wonderfully thoughtful gift. Their memories will last a lifetime.

Good luck!

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,348 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: oceanfront house for early June

If pets will definitely come, you might, for just one of many examples go to villagerealtyobx (good and I just happen to remember the URL off the top of my head) and click on rentals. Go to the bottom of the page and you'll see all the ways in which to search. One is "rentals that are pet friendly". Those may be fewer so it might be a good place to start. When those come up you can opt for, say, oceanfront and house.

That'll give you an idea of price. If they can leave the dogs home it would open up more.

But early June is a good time for lower rates than at peak. (The children will be out of school, right)

Also, most places stick to the occupancy limit because of ...what is it...water/septic issues. So we don't decide the number of bedrooms we can stuff people into, for example. They need to decide the number of occupants that can be safely tolerated by a property.

Outer Bank, NC
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: oceanfront house for early June

I hope you were able to find the perfect Outer Banks vacation home for your family. I live in the area so if you have any questions, please let me know. Best wishes for a great holiday season!

6. Re: oceanfront house for early June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2010, 05:16