We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inexpensive restaurants

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
361 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Inexpensive restaurants

Can I have suggestions of some family friendly, inexpensive, casual restaurants in the KH, KDH, & NH areas.

It gets old going to places likes Kellys and Tortugas Lie and spending $80 for a family of 4, with so-so service.

Just ate at Lucky 12 in NH on Beach Rd and loved it, the food, and the prices. Need more casual places like that.

Amissville, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inexpensive restaurants

The Dunes or Sam & Omies are both good

North Carolina
Level Contributor
450 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Inexpensive restaurants

Food Dudes on the beach rd in KDH

Kill Devils on the bypass in KDH

OBX Taco Bar on the bypass in KH

Five Guys on the bypass in KDH

Murrysville, PA
Level Contributor
313 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Inexpensive restaurants

Barefoot Bernie's in KDH is great for lunch and not too expensive - the same goes for Mama Kwan's a bit further down the Bypass road.

We love Sam and Omie's for breakfast.

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Inexpensive restaurants

Mexicali Brews

Chili Peppers

Black Pelican

Rundown Cafe

Food Dudes

Jolly Roger

It won't be easy finding a place where 4 can eat for under $80 down here unless you get water and a burger and fries. Most entrees run $14-17 and a drink is a couple bucks so you are at or over $20 per person.

Southern Shores...
Level Contributor
132 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Inexpensive restaurants

I like all the restaurants that people have mentioned here. I'm surprised you had a bad experience at Tortuga's b/c I'm a big fan.

For quick lunches on the cheaper side there's also Pig Man's BBQ and John's Drive-In.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
336 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Inexpensive restaurants

Sam N Omies in NH is wonderful. Also Rundown was mentioned - their food is great and you can sit on the deck and see the ocean.

Also, try Jolly Roger or Henrys - especially Henry's in KH for breakfast.

I like Millers too.

Some other goodies but cheapies (particularly at lunch) are:

Mama Kwans - KDH - cheese triangles or tuna sand with wasabi mayo, yummy!

Thai Room - KDH/NH

If you can venture up to Duck, you must visit Duck Deli!!!

Black Pelican has good food too - better at lunch price-wise - great homemade pizza

Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Inexpensive restaurants

There are plenty of nice places in Nags Head and Kill Devil Hills. Here is a link to a number of reviews that we have written in order to provide suggestions for our guests....Enjoy!

www.yelp.com/user_details…

Oh, one spot that I think we overlooked is Beach Road Grill in Nags Head, prices are reasonable and the service is satisfactory.

Mentioned in this post
Nags Head
Nags Head
Outer Banks, NC
Kill Devil Hills
Kill Devil Hills
Outer Banks, NC
8. Re: Inexpensive restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2010, 06:17