We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do - NY to OBX drive

NY
Level Contributor
293 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do - NY to OBX drive

Hey guys, I know someone hit on this topic for what to do with kids, but how about what to do as ADULTS. The trip is aweful so looking for random things, places to eat, etc on the trip. We have done the Inner Harbor, Baltimore and had a blast, been to the bordwalk in Ocean City, and even stopped for Philly Cheesesteaks, even a random trip to Cabella's in PA. Anyone have random fun ideas? We can't do a lot of walking this trip (pregnant wife!!). We'll be stopping by Atlanctic City NJ but have no idea where else to go!!

Thanks guys!!

united states
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do - NY to OBX drive

Consider the NASA museum near Chincoteague, Nauticus in Norfolk, Maritime museum in Portsmouth...plenty of spots to rest a bit at any of those.

Restaurant at the Holiday Inn on the river in Portsmouth used to be pretty good and has outdoor seating where you can watch the river traffic...or the little restaurant in the marina- I think its called The Dock.

And oh yeah, you can drive along the old canal if you take, I think its 17 south of Portsmouth and there is a nice info center there.

Edited: 09 June 2010, 07:17
2. Re: Things to do - NY to OBX drive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2010, 06:26
Get answers to your questions about Outer Banks