We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outer Banks To Bring Home

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Outer Banks To Bring Home

My office has a tradition - after you go on vacation, you bring back some kind of food to share with everyone. I was trying to think of an Outer Banks specialty that I could bring back with me, but I couldn't really think of anything - I know there are a couple of places that sell fudge but I've never tried it. (I haven't been to to the area for several years but I'm heading to Nags Head in a few weeks.) Any suggestions?

Cincinnati, Oh
Level Contributor
129 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Outer Banks To Bring Home

Go to Forbes Candies. Haven't been there in awhile, but we always used to get treats to bring home. It is located down the beach road toward Nags Head.

US
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Outer Banks To Bring Home

If you happen to take a day trip to Ocracoke, a great choice would be a fig cake. You can get one at the "Sweet Tooth and Fig Tree Bakery& Deli." I would call ahead and order one. You will not be disappointed. Also, a nice gift to bring home for your foodie friends is a jar of the preserves accompanied by a recipe for fig cake.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g49407-d10…

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
586 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Outer Banks To Bring Home

you could buy the outer banks cookbook and make something from the book!

MD
Level Contributor
790 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Outer Banks To Bring Home

Try My Nuts has a good variety of gift packages of nuts and hot sauces

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
586 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Outer Banks To Bring Home

oh yeah, Try my Nuts is just what you want. Depending on the demeanor of your office, you will find the right package..... There is one in Scarborough Faire in Duck. The fudge is good too though! While impractical to transport, you could buy yourself a quart of clam chowder from Fishbones, and have it yourself on a rainy day at the beach. YUM

6. Re: Outer Banks To Bring Home

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 12:19