We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wild Horse tours

Basking Ridge, New...
Level Contributor
215 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Wild Horse tours

Is there one particular company that is better than another for the tours? Is there a better time of day to go than another? Thanks!

Outer Banks, NC
Level Contributor
479 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wild Horse tours

six of one etc. Look foe the type of vehicle you want--a Jeep, a Suburban, or a larger open vehicle. With this heat, I'd take the Suburban.

Amissville, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wild Horse tours

Bob's is the most popular they do a great job

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,257 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wild Horse tours

Now I went out in an open truck and had a great time last week. We took the last tour (not quite sunset) and were comfortable as long as we were moving. There are a ton of tour vehicles and it certainly looked like everyone was having a great time. Our guide was a local gal who clearly was enjoying telling us about the horses and was also serious about protecting them (telling people on beach not to get to close, etc). So I don't really think it makes a difference which company you take. Other than considerations like DOBX mentions, you will enjoy any of the tours. This whole idea that one company is the "best" can get pretty meaningless unless there is someone who has gone out on all the tours with all the guides on many occasions and can really make an informed statement. Still haven't met that person.

4. Re: Wild Horse tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 14:16