We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay for biking and tennis and golf

Warrington
Level Contributor
9 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay for biking and tennis and golf

We just decided to go to Duck 6/24 - 7/1 this year with our four grown children- one spouse and our year old grandson. We want to be near a bike trail, close to the beach, and near tennis clinics and a drive to a golf course. Any suggestions? Duck appeals to me but is it too far?

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,855 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay for biking and tennis and golf

Not sure what you mean, "Is it too far". Too far from what? No idea about tennis clinics, you might find something like that at Sanderling Inn north of Duck about 3 miles. Duck is narrow and there is one road rt 12 and there is a bike path along side of it. Several golf courses 5-20 miles from Duck to pick from. If you stay on the ocean side of Rt12 it is a short walk to the beach with no roads to cross.

Edited: 17 January 2012, 19:50
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,177 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay for biking and tennis and golf

answered the biking question in your other post.

here is a link about golf..

http://www.outerbanksgolf.net/

recall seeing golf courses as I rode by. Have no clue about tennis courts or clinics. If renting thru a realtor, I am sure they can help or a search on google will do. Anything from KH northward would be considered close to duck.

3. Re: Where to stay for biking and tennis and golf

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2013, 10:27
Get answers to your questions about Outer Banks
Recent Conversations