We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Babymoon to Outerbanks in May from MYC

New York
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Babymoon to Outerbanks in May from MYC

Hi there,

My husband and I are planning a roadtrip to the outerbanks for our "babymoon" in May. As New Yorkers, we have a taste for off-the-beaten path, unique adventures - no Best Westerns or big hotel chains for us :-) - but are looking for a trip that will combine nature and a rustic OBX vibe with some comfort and relaxation . . .I would be grateful for any recommendations on 1) accomodations 2) best sight-seeing/activities as well as 3) how long we should make our trip . . . .I am in my second trimester so still quite mobile :-)

Thank you!

Gabrielle

north carolina
Level Contributor
120 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Babymoon to Outerbanks in May from MYC

I would look into the Cypress Moon Innhttp://cypressmooninn.com/ in Kitty Hawk or the Sanderling Resort http://www.thesanderling.com/ . The Cypress Moon is a B&B that is a bit off the beaten path. It's romantic, relaxing and has a great breakfast. It's on the Intercoastal too which is gorgeous. The Sanderling is in a more developed (but not overly so) area. It has an upscale feel and is right on the beach. In both cases, I would say that you can get the pampering you deserve and there are some adventures near by in both Kitty Hawk and Duck. Have a great time and congratulations!

New York
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Babymoon to Outerbanks in May from MYC

Thanks a million ajcnc! I will check it out!

Suffolk, Virginia
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Babymoon to Outerbanks in May from MYC

Hi! I don't know if you've already departed but I'd definitely also suggest a trip to Manteo to the waterfront. Basnight's Lone Cedar is one of the best restaurants and it's on the Causeway (around mp 15). If you are passing through Jarvisburg I'd stop at Sanctuary Vineyards for a free wine tasting - very friendly folks! Some other good food suggestions include the Good Life Gourmet, Ocean Blvd. and a very local seafood place that is popular is Awful Arthurs on the beach road. If you can make a trip to Hatteras its fun to walk around the village and see the Lighthouse. Also, heading North to Corolla to see wild horses is a fun adventure, you an also check out Corolla light while you are there. There aren't many shops for clothing to rave about but plenty of fun ones with decor. Check out Baree Station around MP 1 for discount deals on top brands like Jcrew, etc. A fun shop! Also, Duck Donuts has some great donuts next door! There is also a Barree Station in Duck, which is a very nice area beyond the Sanderling. You can rent kayaks or bikes in many places, Kitty Hawk Kites or google it and you will see many options. The Elizabethan gardens are beautiful (manteo).

Good luck!

D

4. Re: Babymoon to Outerbanks in May from MYC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2014, 05:18