We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cedar Island to Ocracoke Ferry

North Georgia
Level Contributor
43 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Cedar Island to Ocracoke Ferry

We have a reservation on the ferry July 1st 1:00 PM.,driving up from Myrtle Beach to Nags Head. Is there any problems we should be aware of. Can't wait its been 20 years since our last trip up the coast road.

US
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cedar Island to Ocracoke Ferry

Check in **no later** than 12:30 at Cedar Island or you will lose your reservation to someone else. If I were in your shoes, I would shoot to be there at 12:15. I speak from experience!

Also, consider eating before you come or bringing a picnic lunch. There are a couple of picnic tables there. You can also bring your lunch onto the ferry if you prefer.

Bring bug repellant--occasionally, the mosquitos or greenheads can be annoying.

North Georgia
Level Contributor
43 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cedar Island to Ocracoke Ferry

Thanks for the great ideas, I will take your advice.

Amissville, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,398 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cedar Island to Ocracoke Ferry

I must agree you need to be there on time they don't show any mercy to late comers . Expect a wait at the Hatteras ferry too no reservation but can be long lines when you are going to be there. A wait can be as much as an hour .

US
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cedar Island to Ocracoke Ferry

You are welcome! It is a lovely boat ride. For a good laugh, check out the lyrics of "Cedar Island Ferry."

http://www.molassescreek.com/bestof.cfm

5. Re: Cedar Island to Ocracoke Ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 03:17