We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single vacationing in Outer Banks

Aurora, Colorado
2 posts
Save Topic
Single vacationing in Outer Banks

I am planning on trying the Outer Banks for the first time in September of 2013. At this time, I am going on my own. Does anyone recommend doing a house rental over hotel? Location that is more safe? I would like to be on a beach that isn't overly populated but yet be kind of close to some nightlife and restaurants. Anything at all you can tell me would be appreciated!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
5,958 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Single vacationing in Outer Banks

September would tend to be less crowded than peak summer season regardless of where you are. The bulk of the "nightlife" would be in the Nags Head/Kitty Hawk/Kill DevilHills area. There are a number of small hotels/motels along that 16-mile stretch. If I were traveling solo, I'd probably go the motel route if for no other reason than cost. My wife and I stayed at the Sea Foam Motel (MP 16.5) last June and had a great experience. It was an older property, but I preferred its character to a cookie-cutter chain hotel. It was clean, safe, and right on the beach. We also were within reasonable walking distance of several restaurants. Farther north, there are even more places clustered together. I hope this helps.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
450 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Single vacationing in Outer Banks

You may want to try Folly Beach South Carolina. The town has rental houses and a hotel right near the small city. Walking distance to some great restaurants and night life. The awesome city of Charleston is a quick 20 minutes away.

Edited: 21 December 2012, 07:08
Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,842 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Single vacationing in Outer Banks

Someone asking questions here about the Outer Banks and someone suggests Folly Beach in a different state, why not also suggest Key West Florida? I hear there is a lot of nightlife there too. Or maybe good ol Myrtle Beach in SC?

Gees people.

Aurora, Colorado
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Single vacationing in Outer Banks

Thank you for the information!!

boston
Level Contributor
53 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Single vacationing in Outer Banks

Group of guys looking for the party spot in Outer Banks. Any help would be appreciated. Where to stay and possible rental home etc.

scw
Bear, Delaware
Level Contributor
479 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Single vacationing in Outer Banks

I don't know of any OBX rental agency that rents to groups, except families. Single guys create the chance of an out of control party and PD response. No homeowners, rental agency or your neighbor wants that. Every rental contract I've seen stipulates family groups only. Violation of a rental contract is cause for immediate eviction. I recommend you stay in Virgina Beach.

7. Re: Single vacationing in Outer Banks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2013, 10:15