We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

highway noise

Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
highway noise

Hello, my friends and I are considering a rental at the intersection of N Croatian Hey and E 2nd street . Our driveway would connect right to the highway. We do have some concerns about the highway noise though, is this a busy area ? Do you think the traffic noise will be a problem ?

Thanks !

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,905 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: highway noise

There is also a fire dept across the street. Normally you won't have windows and doors open during the hot summer months and if you are on a deck it is usually on the east side. I would worry more about turning in and out of the driveway there than the noise. The noise, other than the fire dept, is about the same anywhere along the bypass. Some houses were built to suppress it better than others.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
431 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: highway noise

Personally, I would never rent a house right on the bypass. On the beach road its fine, but not on the bypass.

3. Re: highway noise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2014, 06:17