We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turtle pond

OCNY
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Turtle pond

I remember walking from our beach house rental to a pond filled with turtles several years ago, but I can't remember the community. Does anyone know where there is a turtle pond? I think it was in either Ocean Sands or Southern Shores. I'd like to go with my family this year and be within walking distance of one.

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,744 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turtle pond

There are many canals and some ponds in Southern Shores, I wonder if you are talking about the pond in Ocean Sands that has no trees around it and is surrounded by homes in the middle of the subdivision there.

nc
Level Contributor
480 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turtle pond

Last summer, I encountered a path in Southern Shores that went over a pond with tons of turtles in it. They must get fed a lot from there! It was wooded and on the ocean side. Would that be it?

Toronto
Level Contributor
390 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Turtle pond

Ocean Sands has a large pond around sections M - O, with lots of turtles. See houses near or on Juniper Berry Ct., Oleander Ct., Sand Plum Ct.

Murrysville, PA
Level Contributor
313 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Turtle pond

Agree with CharlieRogers on the Ocean Sands lake - we always see lots of turtles along the shoreline. We'll be staying near there in September and looking forward to checking them out. That lake is also stocked for fishing from what I understand, but I've never fished there.

5. Re: Turtle pond

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2014, 05:16