We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation in corolla with a baby safe?

1 post
Save Topic
Vacation in corolla with a baby safe?

Hello, we are planning a first family vacation to corolla with our 5 month old baby. I was wondering if anyone has traveled there with a baby or any thoughts of bringing a baby to corolla since everything is so far in case of an emergency. Thank you, young

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,741 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation in corolla with a baby safe?

So far? You are 20-25 miles north of Regional Medical in Kitty Hawk and they have a good EMS squad up there that can get to you in minutes. Many take small children up there all the time, it is quite normal. If that concerns you that much then stay in Kitty Hawk, KDH or Nags Head where there are more medical facilities closer by.

NC
Level Contributor
838 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation in corolla with a baby safe?

I'm actually a little confused by your question. What do you mean when you say "so far"?

We spent many summers up in Corolla and never had any issues or concerns being up that far north. We actually loved it because it was quieter than down in the Nags Head/Duck area.

nc
Level Contributor
480 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vacation in corolla with a baby safe?

Perhaps she is thinking of the four-wheel-drive area?

Duck, North Carolina
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Vacation in corolla with a baby safe?

There is a pharmacy opening in Duck soon, so that should cut your drive time if you need to pick up any medical supplies during your stay.

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,741 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vacation in corolla with a baby safe?

Carova would be more of a concern and being in the 4x4 area it is possible to get stuck and sometimes you can not exit the area for days if the ocean is acting up.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
586 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vacation in corolla with a baby safe?

Been bringing my kids to OBX (duck) since they were babies, There is a medical facility in Kitty Hawk to handle all basic kid emergencies( ear infections etc for babies and orthopedic injuries for over zealous adults even orthodontic emergencies!) I work for a great Pediatric hospital and have felt great about their judgement..when to ship out and when to treat. Not a problem for routine baby issues).

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,411 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vacation in corolla with a baby safe?

Just curious if those in the know are still following this...I wonder if the following doctor's office is still in Corolla. There was a great clinic in Corolla several years ago...just a small place but very nice doctor when for some reason that summer we had a lot of little things happen, usually fish hook related. She had a collection of fish hooks she had taken out of people's hands in fact. We haven't needed any medical attention since.

8. Re: Vacation in corolla with a baby safe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2014, 05:17