We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions - 1 night?

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,212 posts
164 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions - 1 night?

We are coming next week for a Sat-Sat rental & are unexpectedly able to come a day earlier. Does anyone have an suggestions for an inexpensive place to stay for one night? There are 5 of us so we would need two rooms (or a suite) & don't want to spend more than $250.00 total if possible. Obviously not expecting luxury, just clean. Thanks for any help!

Amissville, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions - 1 night?

Most places want 2 nights on weekend , I found the John Yancy hotel through Travelocity last year that would do only 1 night . Good location not a bad price . Although their web site asked for two nights I had no problem booking one night .

You can also take a chance on just showing up and many places that don't book totally will allow one night . If you find a place you like on line give them a call just because they want 2 nights doesn't mean they will not accept one night

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,220 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions - 1 night?

Check out Sea Foam Motel in Nags Head. I didn't see a minimum stay requirement, but they're not a large motel, either, so I don't know about their availability. It's within your budget for sure, and if you can get oceanfront rooms, I'd strongly recommend it.

Maryland
Level Contributor
316 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions - 1 night?

Owens motel, right next to sea foam, also possible.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,212 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions - 1 night?

Thanks for your suggestions!

Youngsville, North...
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions - 1 night?

The Cavalier Motel (MP 8.5) had rooms open last week starting at $118. Sea Foam and John Yancey are also both nice places.

Chesapeake, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,283 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions - 1 night?

Other option to stop in Chesapeake, Virginia on the way and spend that one night. Then, get up bright and early to beat everyone down. If check in is not until afternoon, pack one cooler that can be pulled out and used for a beach trip..... nice beach and bathrooms right near the Hilton Garden Inn as you cross the bridge over to the Outer Banks..... Just a thought....

You would have shopping (Sam';s Club, Walmart etc.) and could stock up for the trip.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,212 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestions - 1 night?

We ended up staying at Owens, it was clean & convenient. And even better- we got a discount because we booked 2 rooms. The people at the desk were great. The rooms are small but they have refrigerators & microwaves which is a nice bonus. I would stay there again.

8. Re: Suggestions - 1 night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2014, 07:19