We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do near Buxton?

Atlanta, Georgia
5 posts
Save Topic
Things to do near Buxton?

Hello! I'm about to book a rental on Buxton which looks absolutely amazing, and while I'm quite sure I'll be happy to enjoy the peace and quiet and the beach, I'm also going to want to go out and explore shops and see the sights.

I'm used to vacationing on Hilton Head which like a little village, there's a bunch of stores and restaurants, etc. but I've never been to the Outer Banks areas, so I'm not entirely sure where I need to go to reach "civilization" and visit the usual tourist areas. Suggestions please? I don't mind driving a bit to get to the good places!

Maryland
Level Contributor
316 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do near Buxton?

There isn't so much at Buxton in terms of shops and restaurants. The are some shops in Hatteras Village to the south, though they're not old beach style. There is much more of the shops and restaurants from Nags Head to Duck or on Ocracoke.

Amissville, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do near Buxton?

There is the Light house to see and or climb, Go just a little north and watch the kite boards at the Haul over area ,It is also a nice calm beach there . The Native American museum in Frisco also has a nice nature walk . Go to Hatteras village to See what the charter fishing is bringing in about 4 each day . Venture down to Ocracoke one day a free ferry ride , on the way back check out the Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum just past the ferry docks . If you have bikes bring them to Ocracoke the best way to see to village. Take the nature walk out to stringer's point there too That is where Black beard would hide out .

3. Re: Things to do near Buxton?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2014, 05:18