We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Description of OBX towns

new jersey
Level Contributor
160 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Description of OBX towns

Does anyone know of a website that has the different towns in OBX with a brief little description next to each place giving you some sort of idea of what the area is like?

Thanks!

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,860 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Description of OBX towns

Maybe the Dare Co Chamber of Commerce site might. You can google each town, they all have websites.

new jersey
Level Contributor
160 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Description of OBX towns

Yes, I was just being lazy lol. I compiled some info together, all set. Thanks!

Amissville, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,432 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Description of OBX towns

Going from one town to the next will only be noticed if you see the sign they tend to blend together. Is there something you are looking for a place to start from?

Nags Head is a good place to stay for a new comer . You can explore from there in any direction.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,115 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Description of OBX towns

The stretch from Nags Head to Kitty Hawk does kind of blend together, especially on US-158. The smaller areas north and south of that 16-mile stretch (Ocracoke, Hatteras, Duck, Corolla, etc) seem to have their own individual "personalities," if you will. Bottom line, KH/KDH/NH is the more commercially developed area of the Outer Banks.

new jersey
Level Contributor
160 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Description of OBX towns

Thanks - I've been vacationing there for several years now, but I'm getting married next summer and wanted to make a wedding website. On the site- I wanted to share the different areas to give people an idea of what's located where so they could figure out where they wanted to stay.

I definitely noted that KH, KDH, and NH all kind of blend together. But I also included other areas on the site, hence wanting a bit of a description about each area.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
429 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Description of OBX towns

This is my favorite website for the obx and it does have town descriptions. http://www.outerbanks.org/ I actually print pages of this for our rental house guide book to the OBX :)

new jersey
Level Contributor
160 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Description of OBX towns

I agree OBXBarb - this was where most of my information came from! Great resource. I'm sure your renters appreciate it!

8. Re: Description of OBX towns

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2014, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Outer Banks