We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ranger programs - Bodie/Hatteras Island

PA
Level Contributor
12 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Ranger programs - Bodie/Hatteras Island

We are getting ready for our trip to S. Nags Head - first timers to OBX!!!

A mom at my kids school told me that her children loved the rangers program at Bodie. When I went online, it looks like Bodie is just for tours but the visitors center at Hatteras Island offers several kids activities throughout the week. (so this is probably what she meant).

How far is it from S. Nags Head (MP 19) to the visitors center? Has anyone done these programs before?

Thanks in advance!!

Amissville, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ranger programs - Bodie/Hatteras Island

They are both fun and informative My kids did them when they were younger . Stop by a Park visitors center and pick up a copy of In the Park it will list all the programs and where they are or go to this site

nps.gov/caha/planyourvisit/upload/130521-FIN…

It is about an hour's drive from Nags Head unfortunately it can not be done in one day it will take several days to complete the program , but even if you go to just one program it is with it.

2. Re: Ranger programs - Bodie/Hatteras Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2014, 05:18