We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Senior Beach week help

Ashburn, Virginia
2 posts
Save Topic
Senior Beach week help

Hello!

I am a graduating senior this year, and my friends and I are looking into renting a house in either corolla or duck. I know most senior beach week vacationers are rowdy and destructive, partying and drinking the whole time. My friends and I DO NOT want an experience like that, which is why we are looking into the outer banks instead of party beaches such as myrtle, ocean city or virginia beach. We just want a nice place where we can relax and soak in the sun as a kick off to summer. We also have parents that would either be staying with us or nearby. I was wondering if anyone had any advice or knew of places that would rent to a group of 18 year olds?

Thank you!

scw
Bear, Delaware
Level Contributor
479 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Senior Beach week help

Every OBX rental agencies agreement I've seen says "No Groups", families only. You will have a very hard time finding one that doesn't. Even if your parents sign the lease (without occupying the property) they would jeopardize immediate eviction, if the agency finds out and would lose their money. I would suggest a motel or try VRBO.

Charlotte, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,956 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Senior Beach week help

If you have parents who will be chaperones, get them to help you approach the rental companies, and/or VRBO homeowners. Your best bet may be a VRBO homeowner who may be willing to take a chance on your group. Don't just send an email inquiry, call the homeowner(be sure to have the parent/parents who will be chaperones be there to talk with them, too) be honest and upfront with them....that's probably your best shot at a vacation rental house. Otherwise, you may need to look into hotels/motels.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
5,738 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Senior Beach week help

You don't say how many people are in your group, but if it's a small enough number then you may be better off saving yourselves the aggravation and going with a motel. There are numerous well-kept reasonably priced motels in the Outer Banks, some oceanfront, especially in the Nags Head/Kitty Hawk area. I spot-checked several of them and they all accepted reservations from anyone 18 and over.

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,766 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Senior Beach week help

If you have parents that will stay and not the ones that check in buy cases of beer and then leave the Outer Banks and the kids behind, which is all too common, then get the folks to make reservations. Rental companies will allow groups but only on special request and with special conditions like large deposits and mid week inspections. I know there are some groups that are responsible, good for you if you are one of those.

5. Re: Senior Beach week help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2015, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Outer Banks