We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carolina Shores realty vs. Carolina Designs Realty?

Wall Township, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Carolina Shores realty vs. Carolina Designs Realty?

We own a house in Corolla that is listed as a rental with Carolina Designs Realty. I have been unhappy with the attitude and nickel and dime fees that they charge. While researching other companies I came across Carolina Shores Realty and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this company and Carolina Designs? Any information or opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Mentioned in this post
Corolla
Corolla
Outer Banks, NC
The Carolina Inn
The Carolina Inn
1,513 Reviews
Chapel Hill, NC
Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,938 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carolina Shores realty vs. Carolina Designs Realty?

You are asking a question that has a lot of twists and turns to it. Some companies are small, some are large, some spend boat loads of money on advertising and some spend little. In this case I think you are comparing an apple to a banana. Both are fruits but one is a cost cutter and one is a roll model. What I would suggest is that you compare companies that really focus on Corolla and that do a good job there both in service there and obtaining rentals there. I don't see the value of using a company that will save you a little in commission if they can't fill up the rental weeks for you.

Mentioned in this post
Corolla
Corolla
Outer Banks, NC
Wall Township, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carolina Shores realty vs. Carolina Designs Realty?

Thanks so much for your advice! Any suggestions on companies to use

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,938 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carolina Shores realty vs. Carolina Designs Realty?

The other big players in Corolla are:

Twiddy

Village

Brindley

Sun

Resort

Mentioned in this post
Corolla
Corolla
Outer Banks, NC
Staunton, Virginia
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Carolina Shores realty vs. Carolina Designs Realty?

i am afraid that this post will only convince you that you should leave carolina reality. we are currently staying in our third carolina reality home. the first two were in duck and this one is in corolla. i will say that i dearly love each of the homes we have stayed in especially this one. i can tell that the owners of each home spared no expense in decorating and designing them. the sad thing is that they are not clean! everyone of them is barely surface cleaned and this one (the nicest of all) was ridiculous. first of all ALL five trash cans were totally full and stunk to high heavens, i know they were there for some time by the amount of trash and the odor. once inside, i discovered it was NOT clean. i swept the kitchen floor, and it filled an entire dust pan. the counters were full of crumbs, the fridge warm and dirty. i promise that i am not an overly particular person. the first flush, the toilet overflowed and dripped onto our car in the carport below this bathroom. the saddest thing of all is the carpets, spots EVERYWHERE! i guess from dogs but probably spills as well. in one of the bedrooms, on the bed someone tore off their tags from a recent purchase and the tags were still there. i checked the sheets and believe they were clean but don't know how the tags got on the bed......we decided to try renting from another company next year.......

Level Contributor
67 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Carolina Shores realty vs. Carolina Designs Realty?

I'm just curious, did you call the rental company because you pay to have the house cleaned?! If anything, they should refund you the charge of having a clean home! If you ask me, that's one thing that is inexcusable!

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,812 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Carolina Shores realty vs. Carolina Designs Realty?

Patty S., as far as I can tell your review is valuable but you don't exactly name which company it's about. You say Carolina Realty. But which one? Shores or Designs?

Mentioned in this post
The Carolina Inn
The Carolina Inn
1,513 Reviews
Chapel Hill, NC
Staunton, Virginia
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Carolina Shores realty vs. Carolina Designs Realty?

i am sorry, the company is Carolina designs.

Mentioned in this post
The Carolina Inn
The Carolina Inn
1,513 Reviews
Chapel Hill, NC
Staunton, Virginia
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Carolina Shores realty vs. Carolina Designs Realty?

i called when the toilet overflowed and again when we realized the electricity wasn't on in one section of the house (not sure if i noted that in the original post). they sent maintenance out the first time and maintenance called and told my husband how to turn the electricity on. i did not report the filth. i wish that i did, but we were trying to move on and enjoy ourselves trying not to be stuck in a manner of complaining.

9. Re: Carolina Shores realty vs. Carolina Designs Realty?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2015, 07:16