We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner for 2 on the beach?

Danville, Virginia
Level Contributor
63 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner for 2 on the beach?

I'm "trying" to plan a romantic dinner for two on the beach for my hubby and I for his birthday. I'm having a hard time finding a chef/caterer that will do the set up and cooking. Does anyone know of anyone they can recommend? We aren't from the area and will be traveling so I won't be able to do it myself...especially because I want to surprise him. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

richmond
Level Contributor
945 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner for 2 on the beach?

Where are you staying?

nc
Level Contributor
492 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner for 2 on the beach?

Actually ON the beach? I must admit that doesn't sound all that romantic, especially if it's windy, you'll get sand everywhere. Why not make reservations at one of our fine local establishments and then head out to the beach for a bottle of wine after? There are lots of personal chefs who do catering at your beach house, but I doubt they are set up to provide tables, chairs, linens and some type of cooking method that would work on or near the beach. Depending on your location, there are a few good oceanfront restaurants, and several on the soundfront.

MD
Level Contributor
804 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner for 2 on the beach?

Have to agree with Maslin on that one. With the beach open to everyone walking, playing, dogs, it gets windy at dusk, etc, not sure I'd view that as romantic. Maybe if you had a private dune-top gazebo, a private chef and a little help on your end to establish the setting itself.

I'd rather go to an ocean front or sound front restaurant like Aqua or Blue Point in Duck.

Danville, Virginia
Level Contributor
63 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner for 2 on the beach?

Thanks for the suggestions....I'm beginning to think y'all are right on that one. We really aren't sure yet where we are staying. I guess I'm a bit indecisive on everything. i just posted another question about lodging suggestions. I guess figuring that out first would help. ;) Thanks for the help!

5. Re: Dinner for 2 on the beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2015, 07:16