We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last Minute Rental?

Staunton, Virginia
1 post
Save Topic
Last Minute Rental?

We're looking for a last minute rental from 8/10-8/17. We can only come down on the 13th, but are willing to pay for a full week. All of the RE firms are at 100% capacity. Any suggestions on where else to check for rentals? Thanks!

Youngstown
Level Contributor
94 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last Minute Rental?

Not sure where you were looking to stay, few houses still open at Twiddy, Brindley Beach etc.

Duck, North Carolina
Level Contributor
229 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Last Minute Rental?

I'm not seeing any at Twiddy for that week and only one for Brindley. You might try calling rental companies to see if they have any suggestions or cancellations.

Edited: 07 August 2014, 22:11
Level Contributor
1,140 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last Minute Rental?

You will probably have to make some phone calls. Try Cove Realty in Nags Head, their website is 1-800-635-7007.

If you would be willing to drive to Hatteras, Sea La Vie bed and breakfast is in Salvo and its very nice, look on their Facebook page for the number and email. Anne who runs it is terrific.

Mentioned in this post
Nags Head
Nags Head
Outer Banks, NC
Hatteras
Hatteras
Hatteras Island, NC
Salvo
Salvo
Hatteras Island, NC
Chesapeake, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,320 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last Minute Rental?

I would DEFINTELY call the agencies to see if there are any cancellations..... if not VRBO website may have some..... There are other firms besides the really big ones.... Corolla Classic Vacations, Lamb, Blue, Elan, Carolina Designs... they all have websites...

Washington, Virginia
Level Contributor
265 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Last Minute Rental?

I got a great last minute deal on redweek. Great as in $550 for a 1 bd 1.5 bath on the ocean in a Duck for the first week of August. I did have to pay $15 to join but it was well worth it ! Highly recommend.

6. Re: Last Minute Rental?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2015, 06:16