I've been in Fernando de Noronha twice, in 1985 and last july. Things changed a lot, but some tips still worth...
- take cash in Reais, but if you are brazilian I suggest you take cash and checks from home because Bradesco and Santander-only these banks are ' sometimes' available on the island- do not always work. Credit card, due to the internet signal frequently does not work also.
- airplane schedule not always work because when it is raining or at night no airplane can land on Noronha. So be patient with some schedule change.
- taxa de preservação ambiental: supposed to be paid before you get in the island, you can pay in advance (internet), but it can also be paid in the airport. I suggest to pay in the airport, since you can not be sure to arrive in the day planned.
- taxa turismo: we paid R$ 253 per person for 7 days on the island. I suggest you pay as soon as yde preservação ambiental: supposed to be paid before you get in the island, you can pay in advance (internet), but it can also be paid in the airport. I suggest to pay in the airport, since you can not be sure to arrive in the day planned.
- Atalaia: take a lot of 'repelente', because there are a lot of mosquitos ready to 'attack' you while you wait to get down to the beach. As soon as you get in FN, verify with your Pousada if it is possible to vit, that is because ICMBio allows only 15 people at a time in the main pool with moreias, sharks (sometimes they get stucked in the pool) and some other fishes. When we went, while we were getting down the trail, ICMBio closed the pool because there were waves coming into the pool and that can take you to the open sea, which is dangerous.
This is what I can remember it is important to know before going to FN, but if you have other question, ask.