We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from Waitomo Caves to Rotorua by bus?

Langley City, Canada
Level Contributor
782 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
How to get from Waitomo Caves to Rotorua by bus?

We're planning to visit Wiatomo Caves for some black water rafting with one of the Stray passes, but the one that they offer heads to Maketu after departing the caves for an overnight stay.

I think we would prefer to head straight to Rotorua since there are a few activities we'd like to do there and I'd rather choose our own accomodation, so since we'd be on our own for this with the bus taking the route through Maketu, just wanted to see if anyone could help me with how to do this?

The only thing I can seem to find is a Great Sights bus (this was on the Intercity website) departing at 11am, getting to Rotorua at 1:30pm which would probably be too early for us to finish the tour, so if anyone knows of another way that would be great!

Thanks!

Janine

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get from Waitomo Caves to Rotorua by bus?

Looks like Naked bus (www.nakedbus.com) has a service that leaves at 6.05pm, but only on a Friday. So if you could schedule this to co-incide with a Friday ??

Langley City, Canada
Level Contributor
782 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get from Waitomo Caves to Rotorua by bus?

Oh perfect, I may just have to do some rescheduling - having a tough time working out all these stops we'd like to see on any of the hop on, hop off tours!

Thanks for your help!

3. Re: How to get from Waitomo Caves to Rotorua by bus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2013, 10:19
Get answers to your questions about Waitomo Caves