We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adventure tour with kids

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Adventure tour with kids

We are a family with 2 kids age 12 and 13. I have been looking at the more adventurous tours of the caves as my kids are super fit gymnasts and are keen to do rock climbing,black water tubing and absailing. However, they both weigh just over 30 kg which is less than the weight requirements or age limits with most companies. Any suggestions of companies that would be happy to accommodate a physically active family that don't quite fit some of the suggested parameters but don't want a passive boating/ walking experience?

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Adventure tour with kids

Smaller operators might be more flexible about policy. This outfit might be good in Waitomo: http://www.greenglow.co.nz/401/72023.html They do individual tours for families so they can tailor something to fit.

California
Level Contributor
7,678 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adventure tour with kids

Paul at Greenglow isn't set up to do black water tubing, but has rock climbing, absailing, cave exploring. He has kids of his own so probably has gear to fit yours. I can highly recommend him, as this was the highlight of our North Island trip. If one of you is a photographer, he can get some awesome shots of your family in the cave if you bring your camera.

3. Re: Adventure tour with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2014, 13:15
Get answers to your questions about Waitomo Caves