We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alotau snorkeling

2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Alotau snorkeling

Anyone been to Waga Waga island for snorkeling? Also has anyone a telephone or email address for a reputable tour company in Alotai. Cannot seem to get thru to Milne Bay Magic Tours.

15 replies to this topic
Geelong...
Destination Expert
for Geelong, Great Ocean Road
Level Contributor
6,459 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alotau snorkeling

Bob are you visiting Alotau on a cruise ship and if so which one?

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alotau snorkeling

Hi Bob, I have been to Waga Waga, it is not an island it is part of the main land. Alotau is in a big bay and Waga Waga is across the bay from Alotau. I would try Egwalau Tours at their email: etnemb@gmail.com

They are based at Education Milne Bay. You can also contact Milne Bay Tourism. Hope this helps.

Brisbane Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alotau snorkeling

We are still trying to make contact with a tour operator to go to Wagga Wagga as Princess Cruises doesn't seem to care whether their passengers get the most out of their visit to Alotau. We certainly won't be going on another cruise with Princess as this is the second one we have been on which has had the place we most wanted to visit cancelled from the itinerary. Most of us have already been to North

Queensland and would we were really looking forward to going to Bali and now going to Alotau instead. Now going to try Milne Bay Tourism. Hope Samurai78 might manage to get a response from them on our behalf.

Alotau, Papua New...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Alotau snorkeling

Try Reeftours.png@gmail.com and visit website www.loihai.com

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alotau snorkeling

I have spoken with egwalau tours which is based at education milen bay, they are looking at organising trips to waga waga, email above.

Alotau, Papua New...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Alotau snorkeling

Hello, my name is Shanniah Loihia, I am a teenager and run a tour business in Alotau along with other teenagers. I have an Australian mentor who has taught me the business and I have my Licence and have taken our 150 hp glass bottom boat all over the Milne Bay Area and down to island to the south. We are conducting tours with cruise ships such as P and O and Carnival. As for Waga Waga, it is a great spot for snorkelling and diving. There is a 308 ft steel sailing ship sunk in WW 2 just below the surface. Fantastic! Corals, clams shells, schools of fish, suicidal Lobsters. We provide all the gear. Additional we have a hookah system that takes two persons at a time down to 50 ft. We can teach you. Going right inside the old sailing ship is exciting. Other tours are the Battle of Milne Bay 1942. We take you where the Japanesvfvve landed and explain the battle. Also the island to the south east are so, so beautiful. We can take you to Samarai, Sidea, Basilaki and many more. Sleep,on the coral beaches, eat fresh fresh fish, local fruits or stay in native villages. Climb mountains, visit skull caves, dive plane wrecks, see manta rays, dolphins and swim in the clearest coral reefs. You won't see another tour boat like ours or in fact anyone for that matter. Is Alotau safe? Visit our website and see what we say about Raskals, malaria, mozzies etc. it may surprise you. It's not what you think when you here about those bad new reports. The fact is Alotau is isolated from the rest of PNG due to Owen Stanley Ranges, some 15,000 ft with deep valleys. That means no roads, no track between Poet Moresby and Alotau, so no violence. We can walk around at 9 pm in the dark and not worry. Www.loihai.com. Reeftours.png@gmail.com

Brisbane Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alotau snorkeling

Thank you but sadly our cruise was cancelled. We didn't leave Fremantle but enjoyed our stay there and in Perth. We enjoyed Kings Park - the wild flowers, beautiful trees and city views were fantastic.

Brisbane Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alotau snorkeling

Thanks Shanniah for that great promotion of your tours and I do hope passengers from other cruise ships see your post and get to see discover your part of PNG even though those of us on the Sea Princess were not able to enjoy one of your tours.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Alotau snorkeling

Hello Shanniah

I have taken this post from 2014 and would ask are you running snorkelling day trips as discussed in your response.. We arrive on cruise ship on 22/12/16 at 8am to 5pm. Your post say you can take to Sidea and Samarai islands. We have looked at manta camp that takes you swimming with Manta Rays near Gonubalabala island.

Can you take us snorkelling for the day we have our own equipment and how much would it cost per person for 2 people

nsw
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Alotau snorkeling

Hi i am on the same cruise and also looking for a snorkelling tour have you had any luck?

Reply to: Alotau snorkeling
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Alotau
Recent Conversations