We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would I be silly to go in June?

Which Batu Ferringhi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
Level Contributor
1,830 posts
182 reviews
Save Topic
Would I be silly to go in June?

I really want to visit BF , but I can only go in June....is it going to be rain, rain and more rain? Or can I expect plenty of sun too? Honest opinions appreciated, thanks in advance.

Nelson Bay...
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
1,778 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Would I be silly to go in June?

I have been in June and it has never rained all the time. You will probably get some rain, if you are there a few days, but it falls mainly late afternoon, overnight and early morning and most times in short bursts. Nothing like an evening tropical storm, the build-up can be spectacular.

Gaja

Penang Island...
Destination Expert
for Penang, Penang Island, George Town, Tanjung Bungah, Batu Ferringhi
Level Contributor
8,438 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Would I be silly to go in June?

I frequently get visitors coming to stay in June and have never had complaints about rain, rain and more rain. The rainy season here tends to be later in the year so you could find you don't get a single day of rain in June. Penang does not have a monsoon climate so don't worry.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
870 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Would I be silly to go in June?

I used to visit in June and dec every yr for a few yrs. I'm pretty sure either June or dec is the rainy season. But we never had problem with rain. In Malaysia and Singapore, there's really no define seasons and it can rain anytime but usually short and avoidable. The only thing I will avoid is going to islands like tioman (in east coast) between nov to fab.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Would I be silly to go in June?

only thing I would mention is that you may encounter the smog from the indo burning off ...which can spoil things a bit

manchester
Level Contributor
1,830 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Would I be silly to go in June?

Thanks everyone for your replies , really helpful, it's a toss up really between penang and Hoi an in Vietnam so I am trying to do lots of groundwork before I decide .

Batu Ferringhi...
Level Contributor
502 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Would I be silly to go in June?

shirleyVManchester, it really rain all the time, a good shower once in a while is good to refresh the air and act like an air-conditioner ;))

Penang is a real nice place to visit, Hanoi as well but more city like!

Have a beautiful day

Francois

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Would I be silly to go in June?

Hi Shirley

i'm planning to go in June too.. i heard it will be really hot n sunny.. so you might wanna prepare your hat/shades & sunblock ready..

cheers

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
307 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Would I be silly to go in June?

Yaa , we are going in June too( lol and April)

Turin, Italy
Level Contributor
231 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Would I be silly to go in June?

It won't be English rain for sure. Tropical rain is usually very short and in fact, is a welcome respite!

The sun rises around 7:00am and sets at 7:00pm. That's about 12hrs of daylight. Worst case scenario, it'll rain for 2 hours. Then it is very common to have some clouds. I'd say you can safely get 6hrs of sun exposure if you are *really* looking for it.

Penang in June is fine. Have a safe trip!

manchester
Level Contributor
1,830 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Would I be silly to go in June?

Thanks all, I am very tempted.

Get answers to your questions about Batu Ferringhi