We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather September

UK
Level Contributor
260 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
weather September

Hi,

Could someone advise on average weather for September? I realise weather can change but should I expect a lot of rain? Thank you

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,667 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather September

LOL, you just don't know!

I've been there when rain was more likely and not see a store, or be there when it was less likely to rain and it rained every day. Sometimes it only rains just in the evening or at night, sometimes on and off for a day or two, then nothing . . .

It varies year on year, depending on so many things.

If it does rain, it will be heavy for an hour or two then it will clear until the next storm!

Penang Island...
Destination Expert
for Penang, Penang Island, George Town, Tanjung Bungah, Batu Ferringhi
Level Contributor
9,591 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather September

The effect of El Nino is expected to last until September. At the moment the weather is dry, hot and humid with little rain. What will happen in September is anyone's guess. October is usually wetter but everything is haywire at the moment.

UK
Level Contributor
260 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather September

Thank you for your replies

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
51 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather September

We have been visiting every Sept for the last 6 years and again this year. Sometimes we have been lucky and had only the odd shower, but 2 years ago we had a few days of rain. Any day that it rains we normally head to the mall or for a massage so it doesn't matter!

UK
Level Contributor
260 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather September

Thank you..this us great to know.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
84 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather September

Hi Tinkerbell,

I think the majority of us who go to Penang regularly will all say the same thing - don't worry about the weather. It'll be humid and rarely wanders away from the early thirty degree level, it may rain, it may not. Rain doesn't often last very long anyway. Been afew times during August September and the weather has never been an issue. The climate will most definitely be the first experience of Penang when you walk out of the Airport! Enjoy

Regards, phill

7. Re: weather September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Batu Ferringhi
Recent Conversations