We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water taxi

Osoyoos, Canada
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
59 reviews
Water taxi

We are headed to Tobacco Caye after a few days in Hopkins. Is there a water taxi from Hopkins or must we go to Dangriga to catch it?

7 replies to this topic
Yucatan Peninsula...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
9,046 posts
1. Re: Water taxi

I don't know of any regular water taxi service.

You can arrange a private transfer with Happy Go Luckie...

http://www.hgltours.com/index.html

Or check with your accommodation.

Osoyoos, Canada
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
59 reviews
2. Re: Water taxi

Thanks. We plan to do other tours with HGL but I don’t think we want to pay for a private charter to get to TC. Just thought there might have been a water taxi similar to the one out of Dangriga (or maybe a fishing/snorkeling tour that would leave us there at the end of the tour)?

Hopkins, Belize
Level Contributor
111 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Water taxi

I wish Hopkins had a taxi service to Dangriga. Many of us think we need one. Correct, you would need to pay for a charter out to Tobacco Caye (which can be expensive.) Or go to Dangriga to catch a ride out to the cayes. A cab ride is $40US/$80BZ to Dangriga or a $2.50US/$5BZ bus ride and allow 20-30minutes for the trip there.

However, if you book a snorkeling tour and ask them to take you snorkeling and end up at Tobacco Caye it would not be the same as a private charter there. I thought HGL did this, if not check with Noawell's Fishing and Snorkeling Tours. Then you could return (cheaper) to Dangriga and go on to the next place (if you are not returning to Hopkins.)

Osoyoos, Canada
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
59 reviews
4. Re: Water taxi

My plan is to take the bus to Dangriga then the water taxi. I just thought I would check to see if one ran from Hopkins also. Oh well, a half hour on a bus is just fine. I will check with those companies closer to our trip. No one seems to be around right now.

Edited: 06 August 2018, 01:13
Hopkins, Belize
Level Contributor
111 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: Water taxi

Brujula Sailing, in Hopkins, has started doing transports as well although I can't remember what they charge. Depending on their pricing, that can be a fun way to get out to the cayes as well.

Osoyoos, Canada
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
59 reviews
6. Re: Water taxi

Thanks, what a great idea. I have sent them a message asking if they can set something up.

Osoyoos, Canada
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
59 reviews
7. Re: Water taxi

Thanks again for the idea. It worked out great. Now we have fit in a day of sailing, snorkelling and fishing with a drop at out next destination! A great price too!

Reply to: Water taxi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hopkins
Recent Conversations