We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hopkins

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
24 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Hopkins

I am thinking of staying in Hopkins for a few nights in July with my family, I want to be on the beach, walking distance to restaurants etc. Hopkins Inn is closed during the time I’m there and Tipple Tree doesn’t take reservations in July. Hoping restaurants are open in July since it is the low season?? Would it be a better idea to go down to Placencia?

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,080 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hopkins

www.placencia.com

Take a look

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
24 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hopkins

That didn't answer any of my questions....

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,693 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hopkins

Hoping restaurants are open in July since it is the low season??

We were there in August 2009 and the little local restaurants we chose were slow but open and grateful for the business.

Would it be a better idea to go down to Placencia?

That's a personal choice. I don't know how anyone can answer that for you, which is why Katie gave you a link to get an idea of the differences. You could also check out www.hopkinsvillage.com and my photos/blogs/travelogues below. You won't get Garifuna drumming in Placencia! www.lebaha.com

Happy trails!

flickr.com/photos/staceyholeman/collections

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
24 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hopkins

Thank You! What about places to stay, we will not have a car.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,693 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hopkins

We stayed at the Hopkins Inn so I'm not much help with other options. You can look at the Hopkins link above and on the www.toucantrail.com site for budget to mid-range options. Also, Lan Sluder has an awesome download on his website, below. Good luck!

www.belizefirst.com

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hopkins

We loved the Whistling Seas, and it's right across the street from the best food in Hopkins - Innie's. I've stopped in Hopkins just to eat at Innie's. They also do the drum circle there at night.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g635532-d158763…

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g635532-d1…

Edited: 07 May 2011, 17:36
Hopkins
Level Contributor
782 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hopkins

July and August are busy times in Hopkins. Teachers, travelers with school-age children, students and Europeans all flock to Hopkins in the summer. I don't know of any restaurant that would be closed at that time of year. Gregg and Rita Duke, the owners of the very popular Hopkins Inn, choose to take THEIR vacation at that time, but there are a number of similar owner-operated establishments with lodging on the beach as well as the higher end resort-hotels Hamanasi and Jaguar Reef. Check out travelbelize.org for a complete list of licensed operators. I would suggest reservations. May/June and September/October are the low seasons.

Belize
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Hopkins

We will be staying open for July, restaurant and Beachfront accomodations at www.beachesanddreams.com. This is the first summer season we are staying open here after 6 years of operatrions, so email through the site and we can do a special summer rate.

Thanks

9. Re: Hopkins

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2012, 21:38
New York City
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Hopkins

To find out more about hopkins visit www.visithopkinsvillagebelize.com | a Website built by locals.

Get answers to your questions about Hopkins