We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Tour Company?

Komoka Canada
Level Contributor
94 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Which Tour Company?

Hi! To Everybody,

My husband and I will be at the Allegro Papagayo in Jan.2010 from the 14th to the 21st. We where wondering which tour company is the best ,as for price and quality of the day tours.

The two tour companys that we where thinking of is, Charlies' Adventure Tours or Vargas Tours.

Varga has responded to my email allready. They sound good.I have read the reviews about them. I know that their price might be a little more expensive. By how much we do not know. Charlies' Tours has not emailed me yet about any information. Could anybody give us any information about the two tour companys.

Fort St. John B.C
Level Contributor
216 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Tour Company?

We have used Vargas the last two years in CR. They are great! They even took me to an emergency clinic after sailing all day and being stung by a sting ray. It took us over 3 1/2 hours to get back to the mainland. Anyway Ricardo (he owns the company) was very patient with us. We also have used Manny. We usually request him for all of our day trips. He is wonderful. If you use Vargas make sure you request him.

texas
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Tour Company?

I recently visit the papagayo area, at the Occidental Grand (infront of allegro) and choose CostaRicaforeveryone.com very happy with their service, private tour, great staff, drinks on the way, many stops for pictures, souvenir, supermarket everything we wanted...Roy and Mario (guide and driver) are very nice, funny and make you feel like a friend. We did Palo Verde National Park, is a river tour and we saw a lot of wildlife and other day Miravalles Volcano and had a great adventure all day long...they also can take you from the Airport and you will have the chance to meet them and see their quality.I definitly recomend Costa Rica for everyone for tours in Guanacaste..pura vida have fun!

Komoka Canada
Level Contributor
94 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Tour Company?

Thank-you werlenator and pathymor for your information. So far Vargas tours sounds the best for the day tours that we want to take and they do take good care of you. We will be carefull snorkling in the area ,also.

This is the first time in the Liberia area for us in Costa Rica. We had allways been farther south in Costa Rica. Thank-you Again

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,924 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Tour Company?

Vargus tours has an EXCELLENT track record. In 10 years living here I have never heard a complaint and HAVE heard many a nice comment on the level of service.

Cheers

Inca

I travel, therefore I am...

Komoka Canada
Level Contributor
94 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Tour Company?

Thank-you Incabod,

I think that we will be using Vargas tours.

We love Costa Rica and the weather.

It is snowing there in Ontario, Canada right now. YUK!!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,225 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Tour Company?

Vargas Tours is a good and reputable tour company...and 100% costarican!

roadadvisor

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

Komoka Canada
Level Contributor
94 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Tour Company?

VARGAS TOURS IT IS.

We have compaired them with other tour companys and they are the best for what we want to do.

Thank-you To Everybody For Your Help

Cotacachi, Ecuador
Level Contributor
6 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Tour Company?

We are currently in Playa Hermosa Guancaste. We have used Bernal from Tico Tours Guancaste twice now. He has provided first class service and private tours. Yesterday we went ziplining, hot springs and horseback riding. He took us on a tour Liberia in case we wanted to do any shopping. He has been on time, professional and very nice. Both tours were "the best so far". Very personalized service. Just google him and you should find his website. Not sure if I can post it or not. Safe travels. You will love it here, we are about half way through our 4 week stay.

Kathy

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,225 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which Tour Company?

Gracias Kathy...great to hear that you are having a good time in our little country!

roadadvisor

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,256 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which Tour Company?

Don't know if you made your decision or not but Vargas is unbelievable. They go out of their way to make your stay in their country perfect. We miss them and can't wait to go back.