We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi cost from Liberia Airport to Hilton Papagayo?

Level Contributor
147 posts
143 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi cost from Liberia Airport to Hilton Papagayo?

How much is a cab from Liberia airport to Hilton? Are there a lot of taxis at the airport? Also, everyone seems to recommend renting a car for stays at the Hilton. I'm there for only 3 days. Is car rental worth it? I heard it takes a long time to rent a car in Costa Rica.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi cost from Liberia Airport to Hilton Papagayo?

usually go with www.mapache.com at LIR does not take long

Your location remote best to have a car to get around tour for me

cab 30 min $40-50

Level Contributor
147 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi cost from Liberia Airport to Hilton Papagayo?

Thank you! Is it pretty easy to get from Liberia to Hilton (good roads, clear signs)?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,849 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi cost from Liberia Airport to Hilton Papagayo?

Not easy...but you will find the signs...sorry but that is the way it is around here...taxi fare around $50.00 and yes a lot of them at arrival...get one with a yellow triangle at the door...red cars most of them!

roadadvisor

Colchester, UK
Level Contributor
30 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi cost from Liberia Airport to Hilton Papagayo?

We are visiting the Hilton Papagayo in December. However, we arrive at Liberia international (LIR) at 7.30 in the evening, when the car rental stations appear to be closed. Can we get a shuttle from LIR to the resort, hire a vehicle from there, tour Costa Rica for 2 weeks and drop the car off at LIR on our return?

Would appreciate help

Many thanks

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,849 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi cost from Liberia Airport to Hilton Papagayo?

Of course you can do that...

roadadvisor

Colchester, UK
Level Contributor
30 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi cost from Liberia Airport to Hilton Papagayo?

Many thanks

Papagayo
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi cost from Liberia Airport to Hilton Papagayo?

Of course, most of the rent a cars companies are not too far from Hilton Papagayo and they will not charge extra cost if you hire the car at your hotel in additional, for shuttle I highly recommend to check the price with this company www.airporttransfercostarica.com and compare with other...

Colchester, UK
Level Contributor
30 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi cost from Liberia Airport to Hilton Papagayo?

Thanks for this. So, since we arrive at 7.30pm, when most of the car rentals at Liberia airport are closed, it would be better to take the shuttle to the Hilton Papagayo, and then hire a car from/near the hotel? Yes? Which companies are near the hotel? And how far is the pickup from the hotel, please?

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi cost from Liberia Airport to Hilton Papagayo?

You might just spend an extra hour the next morning, get a taxi or shuttle to the airport and rent your car there.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi cost from Liberia Airport to Hilton Papagayo?

OK. Let's look at this again. The Hilton Papagayo is at Playa Arenilla and is about 12 miles from the airport. Their website doesn't say anything about rental cars on the premises. I think your choices are these:

1. Spend the first night in the Hilton Garden Inn, across the road from the Liberia airport property. The next morning, pick up your rental car, either by going to the airport and getting their shuttle or just taking a taxi to the rental company.

2. Head straight for Hilton Papagayo. I don't believe there is any rental car company in the area - there's really nothing there. Perhaps the Hilton Papagayo concierge can arrange this for you but there will probably be an extra charge to deliver it to the hotel.

3. Head straight for the Hilton Papagayo. The next morning, take a taxi back to the airport or to the rental car company and pick up your car.

4. Pick a rental car company in the Liberia area and email them and ask them if they would deliver to Hilton Papagayo and what the charge would be for this.

Get answers to your questions about Gulf of Papagayo