We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Papagayo- Ocean View Bungalow vs. Ocean View Balcony

Montana
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Hilton Papagayo- Ocean View Bungalow vs. Ocean View Balcony

We are planning on booking a trip to this resort. We are looking at the King Ocean View Bungalow and the King Ocean View Balcony rooms. They are both priced the same. Can anyone explain the difference between these two rooms? Or which one you have stayed in and/or recommend? Thanks!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Papagayo- Ocean View Bungalow vs. Ocean View Balcony

We're staying at the Hilton in October and I've done a lot of research but have never heard of a "King Ocean View Balcony" room. But hey, I could be wrong.

Why don't you email Hilton and ask them? They will respond - quickly too !

I did and got a response very promptly.

…hilton.com/en_US/…feedback.do.

Edited: 01 March 2011, 13:52
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
633 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Papagayo- Ocean View Bungalow vs. Ocean View Balcony

October in CR is the rainest month of the year, and its actually the worst time to visit.

Playa Papagayo, is actually one of the most touristy area of CR on the ocean specifically, its a developed just for tourist, so unless your burning frequent stay points, I really so need to stay up there, and in this property, CR is about rustic, charming family owned lodging, and keeping your money in locals hands, not a multi national chain that sterile and isolated from the real CR, but thats me.

Edited: 01 March 2011, 15:00
Suffolk, Virginia
Level Contributor
159 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton Papagayo- Ocean View Bungalow vs. Ocean View Balcony

ocean view balcony rooms are located at the top of the hill, all right next to each other (regular hotel style).. ocean view bungalows are independent rooms scattered on the lower parts of the hill. I particularly prefer the bungalows, they give you much more of a sense of privacy.

Colorado
Level Contributor
470 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton Papagayo- Ocean View Bungalow vs. Ocean View Balcony

The Ocean View Balcony rooms are in two story buildings. There are approximately 5-6 rooms on the ground level and 5-6 rooms on the upper level. If I remember correctly there were about 5 of these types of buildings.

The bungalows are one story 'duplex' type buildings. From what I've read, one of the rooms is a king room and the other is 2 doubles. (we had the king room). There is an adjoining, locking door, therefore if you were travelling with kids, you could book both rooms and have the children right next door, in the same bungalow.

I LOVED the privacy and surrounding of the bungalow unit, however the view appeared to be outstanding from the balconies on the larger buildings. We did have a nice size deck on our bungalow (each 'room' of the bungalow has it's own patio or deck) and a bit of an ocean view. We did not have any noise from the guests staying on the other side of our bungalow -- only heard water running occasionally.

Great resort, beautiful location, and superb staff.... ENJOY.

5. Re: Hilton Papagayo- Ocean View Bungalow vs. Ocean View Balcony

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 00:17