We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arenal Volcano and Beach

West Palm Beach...
8 posts
Save Topic
Arenal Volcano and Beach

Hi, This is my first trip to CR. Im flying into San Jose, I want to go to Arenal and then hoping to spend a day or 2 at Papagayo or any other nice beach areas closeby. Is this possible? What is the best recommended transportation from arenal volcano to beach area? also i need to get back from beach to san jose. Is the best way to rent a car? will it be a complicated or dangerous ride from place to place? im travelling with another female, we both only speak english.

thank you!!

West Palm Beach...
8 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Arenal Volcano and Beach

My original trip plan was to go to Mal Pais-Santa Teresa area..I heard during my stay (end of sep to beg of oct) that the weather will be very rainy in that area. any feedback on the weather?

West Palm Beach...
8 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Arenal Volcano and Beach

hi, from san jose what would be the simplest nice beach/rain forest to go to that would be least chance of rain? my friend doesn't want to spend money so i need all public transportation or cheap enough shuttle so i can afford.

Punta Uva, Costa...
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Arenal Volcano and Beach

Intebus is a great way to get from Arenal to either the Pacific or the Atlantic, that time of the year, you should go to the Puerto Viejo area, great weather, lots to see and do!

14. Re: Arenal Volcano and Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 22:17