We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel riu guanacaste close golf

faro
Level Contributor
91 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel riu guanacaste close golf

I will be comeing dec 1 staying for 3 weakes looking for all the good golf courses . how far are they from the hotel i will need to rent a car to go all to the courses and how is the driving around their.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
8,200 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel riu guanacaste close golf

Best bet is to get in touch with these guys - http://www.teetimescostarica.com/ they know more about golf than anyone else I imagine. The owner some times posts on the forum here, and he is a good guy. More will chime in on this but that is a good start.

Cheers

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
460 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel riu guanacaste close golf

Close to RIU there is two great golf courses:

Reserva Conchal and Hacienda Pinilla. You can book discount green fees at Pinilla using: http://tinyurl.com/ttcr4 - PM me if you want to play Conchal (this is a private course).

BTW - Thanks Incabod.

Check out the galleries: www.teetimescostarica.com/gallery.html for media galleries about these courses.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel riu guanacaste close golf

The Papagayo Golf and Country Club would be another option http://www.papagayo-golf.com/

Edited: 07 November 2011, 17:48
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,731 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel riu guanacaste close golf

Dear hopefaro

I will second INCA about teetimes...great person to dealt with...and knows and love his golf in our country...he is a person than anybody on this forum have a lot of respect for him and his company!

Do not even try to deal with people that you or us can not ID...

roadadvisor

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
460 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel riu guanacaste close golf

Mike - You are correct. Papagayo Golf is an option for someone staying at the RIU but this course is not recommended.

I do the course rating for the Costa Rica golf association and am passionate about golfers having a good time in Costa Rica- that is why I do not recommend Papagayo Golf.

Some comparisons:

- Papagayo costs $90 to play while Pinilla costs $98.

-Papagayo is about about 20-25 minutes from RIU while Pinilla is 50-60 minutes away.

- Pinilla also has a great ocean hole - the 15th Par 3. No ocean for Papagayo Golf.

My verdict: If you are going to play golf in Costa Rica - might as well drive that extra 30 minutes.

Mentioned in this post
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
Punta Uva, Costa...
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel riu guanacaste close golf

Thank You rohrmoser for the the information, from someone who knows golf in Costa Rica. I agree with you, what's driving a extra 30 minutes when it comes to playing a nice course.

Mentioned in this post
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
Brasilito, Costa...
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel riu guanacaste close golf

pinilla is real nice option

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,731 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel riu guanacaste close golf

Thank you rohrmoser...great advice ...good points...we trust you 100%...

roadadvisor

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
460 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel riu guanacaste close golf

I am open to give any Costa Rica golf advice - PM for suggestions or post at the Forum. Your choice.

Mentioned in this post
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
10. Re: Hotel riu guanacaste close golf

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2012, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Gulf of Papagayo