We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at the 4 seasons.

New York
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Staying at the 4 seasons.

My wife and kids (13 and 10) are staying at the 4 seasons in early April. We are interested in booking a couple of tours (zip lines, canopy tour) but the problem is my youngest gets car sick and we need to stay 60 or so minutes from the resort. Any suggestions for a tour company or even better...specific tours?

thanks much,

Tony

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying at the 4 seasons.

It is a little over 60 minutes from the resort but I would suggest the combo at Either Buena Vista Lodge or Hacienda Guachipelin at the Rincon de La Vieja Area (It is a combibation of tubing, zipline, horseback riding or hike and hot springs). For a closer zipline maybe the congo trail canopy

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying at the 4 seasons.

For tour companies, Maleku Tours, Papagayo Vargas Tours or Xplore Costa Rica. If you have a car, you can just do the Buena Vista or Guachipelin tours on your own.

Edited: 29 January 2012, 20:21
New York
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying at the 4 seasons.

Wow, just took a look...both look great! Did you go there with kids? The tours at Hacienda look more vigorous. I know my 13 could hack it, do you think a 10 year old could?

thanks again for the info!

Tony

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying at the 4 seasons.

yes I did. You are right the Buena Vista Lodge might be easier your your younger child. For the zipline your 10 year old can also ride with one of the guides.

Chicago, Illinois
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying at the 4 seasons.

Hi, yes the Buena Vista Combo will be the tour for you guys. one time I use this company www.malekutours.com and they are very professional and personalize,very quick to answer emails I am sure they will help you out and they just work whit small groups.here is the email for them: info@malekutours.com

CALI
Level Contributor
446 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Staying at the 4 seasons.

Anyone have email address for four seasons?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,448 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Staying at the 4 seasons.

Dear aflando

Just 2 minutes from the 4 Seasons entrance is Witch Rocks zip lines...you may try them...you will never fin anything closer...

Rincon de la Vieja is about 1.5 hours from your hotel...Witch Rocks Zip Line...2 minutes!

roadadvisor

8. Re: Staying at the 4 seasons.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2013, 10:28