We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin vs Hilton Papagayo for Kids ages 8/12

CALI
Level Contributor
475 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Westin vs Hilton Papagayo for Kids ages 8/12

I see these are both high end resorts, anyone have any experiance with kids. do they welcome kids? looks like westin charges $130 for each kid per day extra?

Any other all inclusives you would recommend for families?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,221 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Westin vs Hilton Papagayo for Kids ages 8/12

I will go for Westin...a lot better resort all the way than Papagayo...even the beach is 100 times better!

roadadavisor

OH1
Chicago, Illinois
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Westin vs Hilton Papagayo for Kids ages 8/12

Roadadvisor, do you work for Westin cause u always recommends the hotel. I am traveling this April and would like your real opinion.

I am interested in Surf camp for my kids but would like to stay in luxury AI hotel. It's pretty easier with kids. they eat every two hours.

Punta Uva, Costa...
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Westin vs Hilton Papagayo for Kids ages 8/12

The Westin Conchal is regarded by many as the best AI in Costa Rica, you'll also be closer to better surfing, not too much around the Hilton. Roadadvisor does not work for the Westin, but his company Tucan Limo Services can drive your family all over Costa Rica.

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,094 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Westin vs Hilton Papagayo for Kids ages 8/12

Hello. I know both places, and have stayed in both. Westin has a much nicer beach.

Both hotels are nice, but the beach is an issue for me, speciially if you are with kids.

Now if you want to dive, visit Rincon de la Vieja, go to Coco, or rafting to Tenorio http://www.rinconcorobici.com (the only place in Guanacaste, where real reafting is offfered) , Hilton is better.

Service is better at Hilton, for the hotel is smaller.

One last thing, Roadadvisor is not connected with Westin.

Enjoy your trip to Costa Rica !!!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Westin vs Hilton Papagayo for Kids ages 8/12

The Westin Playa Conchal is more deluxe and bigger, better activities but of course more expensive. The Hilton is nice, smaller, less deluxe and it should be cheaper, beach is niccer at Conchal.

OH1
Chicago, Illinois
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Westin vs Hilton Papagayo for Kids ages 8/12

Thanks all for replying, very helpful.

How about Reserva Conchal vs Westin.

Also, is there a surf camp close to those hotels.

Punta Uva, Costa...
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Westin vs Hilton Papagayo for Kids ages 8/12

I like the idea of staying in condo with the family better, though I'm not an AI fan.

Lots of good surfing schools mostly based in Tamarindo, some will pick you up at resort, Kelly's Surf Shop,Witch's Rock Surf Camp,Banana Surf, and Matos Surf Shop are some of the most popular.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,221 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Westin vs Hilton Papagayo for Kids ages 8/12

Dear OH1

Based on your question..

Roadadvisor, do you work for Westin cause u always recommends the hotel. I am traveling this April and would like your real opinion.

MY ANSWER

My real opinion and only one is that WESTIN is the best AI in my country...and for your question...NO I do not work for them...I´m just a person that stayed there many times since they open...and love every time...love the area so much that I may be buying a place around there in the near future...

I don not hide behind TA forum to advertise places that I may be part...as any decent person I will let you know or others when I´m part of somenthing that I´m part...I´m very crirital of people at this forum that are part of some phantom tour operatiosn and they denied that ASHAMED!

roaadvisor

9. Re: Westin vs Hilton Papagayo for Kids ages 8/12

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2013, 10:22