We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel end of February

1 post
Save Topic
Travel end of February

Hello,

We are a family of four, kids ages 11 and 8, who are planning a trip to Costa Rica end of February. Haven't booked yet, and looking for travel tips for going to the west coast and doing a day trip to Monteverde Cloud Forest. Do you recommend staying at an all inclusive? Also, who to best book the guided tour to the cloude forest with?

Thank you!

Telluride, CO
Level Contributor
83 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel end of February

If you and your family are interested in seeing 2 or 3 different destinations, then I would say not to look at all inclusieve resorts. If it were my trip with my family I would want to stay in La Fortuna and visit the famous Arenal Volcano, then I would spend a day or so in Monteverde, then over to the Pacific side to finish out my stay. This will give you a nice overview of what Costa Rica has to offer. Each area of Costa Rica offers something completly different, so you won't be doing and seeing the same things.

Have a fun and exciting trip!!

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel end of February

You can't do a day trip to Monteverde from anywhere, really. It's just not feasible. It takes basically 3 hours to get to Monteverde from anywhere.

I would not recommend staying at an all-inclusive.

There are two international airports: San Jose SJO and Liberia LIR. Where you go will depend somewhat on which airport you use. They are four hours apart.

Arenal is about the same distance from either, so that's not an issue.

For a week's visit, most people opt for two locations: a beach location and a volcano/mountain location.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,644 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel end of February

Maybe nice...SJO...and then to Arenal and then to f MAnuel Antonio National Park area...then back to SJO...

You will see a lot of wild life and some nice cloud forest...or you can switch Arenal and visit Monteverde...

roadadvisor

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel end of February

Do Monteverde staying overnight, same for Arenal, then move north west to Rincon de la Vieja Volcano and finally 1 or 2 beach areas, like Flamingo or Tamarindo and Samara.

5. Re: Travel end of February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2014, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Gulf of Papagayo