We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton papagayo. Questions

lloydminster
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton papagayo. Questions

Thinking of going to hilton papagayo this feb wondering about night time entertainment quality of the wine there. Smoker friendly, and heather they have Super Bowl on tv. There

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,659 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton papagayo. Questions

Everything you ask is OK,...up and running...!!

roadadvsior

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton papagayo. Questions

I don't know about the other things you ask about - but - Costa Rica is definitely not "smoker friendly." It is illegal to smoke inside buildings - including restaurants and hotels - in Costa Rica. Most hotels make arrangements to have an outdoor area where smokers can smoke but I don't know what this happens to be at the Hilton Papagayo.

I'm kind of put off by your questions, frankly, as Costa Rica is not an AI destination where you go to a resort and stick there for the whole time you are in the country. Unlike some other countries where AI's are popular, they are not that popular in Costa Rica because there is an excellent tourist infrastructure all over the country with lodging of all sorts as well as a choice of restaurants.

Costa Rica is all about nature, really. It's about rainforests and cloud forests, walking through a butterfly enclosure with butterflies landing on you, seeing wildlife, enjoying the beautiful scenery, visiting volcanoes for mud pots and hot springs, boat rides through the wilderness - and, of course, literally hundreds of beaches.

You might get some ideas from this website: www.anywherecostarica.com

I know I haven't really answered your questions - I'm just trying to give you a better feel for Costa Rica.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,659 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton papagayo. Questions

Thank you Hattie valid point...Costa Rica we are not Smokers Paradise!

roadadvisor

lloydminster
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton papagayo. Questions

Thank you for you're response and I've actually been to Costa Rica before

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton papagayo. Questions

Well, even if we haven't answered your questions, at least we've kept your post on the "front page" so that you have a better chance of getting answers from someone who has stayed recently at the Hilton.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
307 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hilton papagayo. Questions

Stayed there for a couple of nights about 8 months ago. People were smoking on balconies without issue. If you're referring to the included wine, if you're any sort of picky about wine, bring your own. Most of the included AI wine in general in CR is going to be from Chile or Argentina (not that that's a bad thing these days), but you won't really have much selection in terms of varietal - maybe 4 tops, a chardonnay, a cab and/or malbec/red blend kind of thing and a sparkling. They have had superbowl viewing in the past at the Hilton, but you wouldn't be too far from Playas del coco where you could easily find a place showing the game.

lloydminster
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hilton papagayo. Questions

Thanks for the response but I've herd nothing about nightly entertainment

New York, New York...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Hilton papagayo. Questions

I just blogged about my amazing experience in Guanacaste, the Hilton Papagayo, and about our GREAT tour guide, Herson Segura. An excerpt:

Here is where a review in Trip Advisor was a lifesaver. We knew we wanted to go on excursions, but didn’t book ahead of time because we wanted to ask around when we got there. The resort offered some options (average $160 for a full day of excursions) but some great Trip Advisor reviews for a local named Herson inspired us to shoot him an email. It was the best thing we ever did. Herson Segura runs his own concierge tour guide company, Spanglish Tours. He’s fully bilingual and prefers to do private tours. (In other words, you won’t be stuck ziplining with strangers.)

Segura took us: clubbing (he provided roundtrip transport and even hung out for a bit, though he responsibly didn’t drink, of course); ziplining at the Congo Canopy Trail; to the waterfalls at La Fortuna, the volcano at Arenal; to eat typical Costa Rican breakfast and lunch; an eco-center where we saw frogs, a sloth, butterflies, and more; and a Hot River.

He can take you to all of the above plus: horseback riding, tubing, hot springs, and lots, lots, more. Contact him via email (Herson03@yahoo.com) to get details.

Rest of my blog entry ---> ginavergel.com/2013/…

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
112 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hilton papagayo. Questions

To piggyback on your post, I am looking at staying that this resort as well, won't be until January of 2015, but my question is if staying for 4 nights do you think I will need to do more then 1 tour?

Or is there enough to do at the resort that 1 full day tour and 4 days at the resort will be good enough

Dubuque, Iowa
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hilton papagayo. Questions

We watched the Bears/Packers game from the pool when we were there 3 years ago! I think yes, you should be able to see the super bowl while there.

Get answers to your questions about Gulf of Papagayo