We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help

calgary
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Help

Hi all,

My boyfriend and I will be visiting CR Oct 28 - Nov 4 staying at allegro papagayo. I was hoping for some advise on excursions that involve swimming in water falls and seeing wildlife. We dont want to be on a bus for hours, so something that is close to this area would be great. Also I think I read somewhere that we can take a boat into town from the resort for 30$ where we can do some shopping and things? Does anyone know which town this is and does the boat come right to the resort?

Thanks so much

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help

Some ideas:

1. Do the One Day Adventure Pass at Guachipelin. www.guachipelin.com

2. Visit Rincon de la Vieja National Park for hiking, volcano, waterfalls, hot springs, mud pots, etc.

3. Go horseback riding, fishing or boating

4. Visit Santa Rosa National Park and see the old farmstead known as "La Casona" - now a museum - it figures prominently in Costa Rican history. There are several nearby trails to choose from and one longish trail ends at a deserted beach.

5. Take the boat trip through Palo Verde National Park. www.paloverdeboattours.com

6. Take the boat to Witch's Rock for surfing or just visiting a beautiful beach.

7. Visit the town of Guatil where you can see authentic Chorotega pottery being made.

8. Head to the Tenorio National Park for the hike to the Rio Celeste.

9. Go to Llanos del Cortes waterfall. Huge waterfall with small swimming area. There are often monkeys in the trees overhead.

10. Visit Las Pumas Wildlife Rescue Center in Canas where you can see all sorts of animals, including big cats.

11. Arrange a sailing trip with the Sea Bird out of Playas del Coco. Snorkeling or just a quiet sunset cruise.

12. Take a whitewater rafting trip on the Tenorio River or a float trip on the Corobici River. www.rinconcorobici.com

13. Take a whitewater rafting trip on the Cucaracho River riostropicales.com/index.php/…cucaracho-river

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,026 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help

Check Rincon de la Vieja Volcano....Guachipelin hotel...great palce for soft adventure tours...and only 1.5 hours from Allegro...really worth the trip...hotel and tours run by a 100% costarican company...!

roadadvisor

boston, ma
Level Contributor
96 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help

mg,

Down the beach from your hotel is Playa Panama. It's a mile walk to a little beach bar. I don't know the name because it changes hands often. Go there and ask if they can arrange for this guy in Panama ( I don't know his name but he lives near the bridge) to bring his horses the next day or later that day. It's so awesome to ride horses down the beach and in the forest. It's very inexpensive and he's a very kind man. Unfortunately, he doesn't speak English. Jay www.vnn-cr.com

boston, ma
Level Contributor
96 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help

One more idea.

Have the concierge call Freddy in Hermosa for a fishing snorkel trip. His nephew's name is Raffa and he speaks English. They can pick you up on your hotel beach. Some of the best fishing in the world is right there. Take you catch to to Marina and they will cook it up for you.

calgary
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help

Thank you so much for all of your helpful information!!! Does anybody know about the boat that picks you up right at the resort to take you into town?? I thought I had read about it somewhere, but I cant seem to find it now.

Thanks

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
189 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help

Great idea to consider Rincón de la Vieja National Park, check the adventure tours of Hacienda Guachipelin, Palo Verde Boat Ride also very nice. Lots of fun and wild life if you consider those options. I haven´t heard that boat trip you mention, sounds odd.

7. Re: Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2013, 15:48
8. Re: Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2014, 07:19