We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 Days, What to Do?

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
5 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
4 Days, What to Do?

Hello! There will be 3 of us vacationing at the Gulf of Papagayo in mid-September. We will only have 4 full days to fill (one of which I'd like to concentrate entirely on lying on the beach with a book). There seem to be so many fun excursions; can anyone recommend their favorite companies and/or experiences? We'd definitely like to do the zip lining, and a hike around the volcano. We're not afraid to be uber adventurous, either! We'll be staying at the Four Seasons, if that helps geographically. I know I can get great recs from the concierge, however, I always trust my TA peeps!

Thank you in advance!

Anne, Greg and Rich

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,944 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 Days, What to Do?

Uber adventurous.... I like the sound of that.... Best bang for your buck and some great tours look at Guachipelin and their all day adventure pass http://www.guachipelin.com/one-day-pass.html

There is also Borinquen which has a similar multi tour option www.borinquenresort.com/index.php…

More will chime in soon.

Boston...
Level Contributor
184 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 Days, What to Do?

I stayed at the fours seasons in November so much to do at the hotel SUP and the tour off giants is a must. We did a day tour to both Monteverde and Aernal but be prepared for 3+ hour drive each way. A few friends did witches rock zip lining and loved it.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 Days, What to Do?

Well, let's get real. From the Four Seasons to Arenal is 3.5 hours EACH WAY. So I have to wonder why someone would spend 7 hours in a vehicle on one of their precious vacation days when almost everything you could do in Arenal is within two hours of the Four Seasons.

From the Four Seasons to Monteverde is just over 3.5 hours -- so another day of 7 hours in a vehicle. Huh? I know, I know, the cloud forest is "special." But you can also travel for just under 2 hours to Heliconias Lodge and Rainforest, hike their rainforest trails and canopy bridges and then take a little "side hike" up to the cone of the extinct volcano which is..... cloud forest.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
438 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 Days, What to Do?

Hattie is right, she have to pick a place closer to 4 seasons

Kingman, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,717 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 Days, What to Do?

in Sept. it may be pretty rainy and I would recommend talking with Amy at Avispas Adventures .. they're listed here on T A and have great reviews... I've gone with them to see the turtles at Ostional a 4 hour drive from here and they did a great job getting us there and back.

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g309243-Activiti… has their info

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 Days, What to Do?

With four days only, I would think that spending EIGHT HOURS in a vehicle wouldn't be the best choice. There's a ton of stuff to do in the area without going on such a long trip.

Kingman, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,717 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 4 Days, What to Do?

I would suggest that anyone who comes to Costa Rica take in all you can .... lots to see and do and all very different and worthwhile.... and even if you let someone do the driving it may be an option to spend the night at whatever destination you choose.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
5 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 4 Days, What to Do?

Thank you everyone! We leave in 2 weeks and plan on booking everything this weekend.

Kingman, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,717 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 4 Days, What to Do?

so little time and so much to see ...

pura vida and enjoy

Randy

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,303 posts