We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
20 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels

My husbands a diver I am not looking for a 4-5 star stay in costa rica for next may.Would like all inclusive but the condition of the resort is top most. Any suggestions?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,665 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels

Westin Conchal...great location...great hotel...incredible nice beach..

roadadvisor

Edited: 03 July 2014, 19:51
Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels

First of all, diving is not really that great in Costa Rica. So plan on taking some offshore trips to places where there are rocks or old reefs and the boat captains know that there will be something going on there. Don't plan on seeing big beautiful coral reefs with lots of colorful fish. Fish - including sharks - rays, turtles, etc.

And yes, if you are insistent on an all-inclusive resort, the Westin Playa Conchal is considered by most people to be the best AI in Costa Rica. There are several diving options from nearby Playas del Coco and I'm sure you can arrange something through the Westin.

Plan on flying into Liberia LIR since flying into SJO San Jose will put you five hours from most AI's.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
9,523 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels

Why Costa Rica? Diving on the Pacific coast is not comparable to the great reef that runs from Cozumel to the southern tip of Belize. No all-inclusive resorts on the Caribbean coast. The best diving is reportedly at Cocos Island which is 300 miles off the coast.

Your best bet for diving within range of a 4-5 star AI are the Catalina and Bat Islands off the NW Pacific coast. The best AI in this area on a nearly white sand beach is the Westin Playa Conchal. Hilton papagayo would be my 2nd choice but its not on as nice a beach. There is a Dreams Resort under construction further north along the coast which reportedly will open in Nov 2014. See anywherecostarica.com/hotels/all-inclusive for more info.

Edited: 03 July 2014, 19:57
4. Re: Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Gulf of Papagayo