We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Birding locations - Casa Conde Del Mar

Which Playa Panama hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario
10 posts
Save Topic
Good Birding locations - Casa Conde Del Mar

We will be arriving at the Casa Conde Del Mar, Costa Rica, the first week of February. Any good birding areas close by or within a one - two hour distance? We are fairly new to birding. Also, any reviews on this hotel (and the beach area) would be appreciated.

Playa Hermosa...
Level Contributor
867 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Birding locations - Casa Conde Del Mar

You will see some birds at the resort but try to make it down to the Palo Verde Park as its is claimed that there are over 300 species birds that migrate here. There are organized tours or you can rent a car and drive there. Approx 90 minutes south from your resort.

Ontario
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Birding locations - Casa Conde Del Mar

Thanks for your reply. Are the roads pretty good for driving to Palo Verde Park? Approx. price of car rental? Have you heard any reviews on Casa Conde Del Mar? Sorry for all of the questions...first time to Costa Rica. Thnaks for your time.

Playa Hermosa...
Level Contributor
867 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Birding locations - Casa Conde Del Mar

Rental rates vary on how long you rent the car and what time of year. Check Adobe and Poas on the web. Roads are ok to Palo Verde and you will get a map from the rental company. A private guide is another option as they know exactly where to go. Casa Conde is a beautiful resort...I eat there as it is just down the road from my office. Email me at

remax.prestige.ocean.properties@gmail.com and I can send you some pictures I took a few months ago.

Im trying to sell it!

Owen Sound, Canada
Level Contributor
628 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Birding locations - Casa Conde Del Mar

Please advise in a bit more detail where the resort is located. We've birded CR several times and should be able to help you.

Jerry

Ontario
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Birding locations - Casa Conde Del Mar

Hello Jerry,

From what I can tell it is located in in Playa Panama - on the Golfe de Papagayo - 20 minutes from the Liberia airport. I beleive it is close to the Premier Fiesta Premier Resort & Spa

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Birding locations - Casa Conde Del Mar

The Premier Fiesta is now the Hilton resort. The Casa Conde del Mar is just down the hill from the Hilton.

7. Re: Good Birding locations - Casa Conde Del Mar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 17:17