We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's Solo Trip to Santa Teresa

Phoenix, Arizona
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
New Year's Solo Trip to Santa Teresa

I'm heading down to Santa Teresa for a solo surf trip beggining on the 29th of Dec. Looking for some tips...

How close is town - bars, etc...from Playa Hermosa? I am staying near the school. Can I walk or should I get a bike, ATV?

What is the night life like in town? Spots to go to? I am 40 and like a little bit of everything.

Any must do's or must avoids? I'll be down there for 10 days.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Playa Hermosa
Playa Hermosa
471 Reviews
Santa Teresa, Costa Rica
Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
Level Contributor
1,860 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year's Solo Trip to Santa Teresa

You will need some type of vehicle be it a quad, bike, car. The main part of town with nightlife is a ways from Playa Hermosa. You will not be able to walk the distance. Hitching a ride can also be an option.

I guess it depends on what you like to do for nightlife. If you want to go to a bar, there is a hang-out at the 'cross-roads' called Good Vibrations that is popular. There are spots all along the stretch of road where there are places to go and meet people and have a couple of beers.

You are just going to have to figure out what feels comfortable to you and what kind of crowd you want to be around.

There are good maps with bars, restaurants etc. on www.nicoyapeninsula.com

The place where you are staying can brief you on what to avoid....personally, I don't hang around the areas at night, so I can't specifically say what to avoid. You just have to have your 'spidey sense' turned on and be aware of everything around you. If you don't feel comfortable about it, then leave the situation.

Like anywhere, if you are looking for trouble, you will find it, if you want to stay out of trouble, then don't get into a situation where you will be a victim. Use your common sense.

You will be down here during one of the busiest times of the year....lots going on and many people!

Have fun! Stay safe!

Mentioned in this post
Playa Hermosa
Playa Hermosa
471 Reviews
Santa Teresa, Costa Rica
2. Re: New Year's Solo Trip to Santa Teresa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2012, 10:23