We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shuttle share - Liberia to Santa Teresa (4-5th of March)

Montreal, Quebec...
2 posts
Save Topic
shuttle share - Liberia to Santa Teresa (4-5th of March)

Hey,

My plane arrives at 7h50pm March 4th, at liberia's airport. A bus company offers a private shuttle for groups (3 or 4). Here is the website: transportation-costarica.com/index.php/trans…

Anyone interested to share a shuttle to Santa teresa or near? It would more interesting and funny during the 5h30 of wait!!

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shuttle share - Liberia to Santa Teresa (4-5th of March)

I would check other companies since the company known as The Costa Rica Shuttle is kind of a clone of a respected company known as Costa Rica Shuttle and does not have the same good reputation.

Check with Costa Rica Shuttle, Easy Ride Cr, Eco Trans also.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,849 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shuttle share - Liberia to Santa Teresa (4-5th of March)

Great advice Hattie ...GRACIAS!

roadadvisor

Montreal, Canada
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: shuttle share - Liberia to Santa Teresa (4-5th of March)

I didn't know about the difference between THE costa rica shuttle and the other one. I have made the arrangement with the costa rica shuttle to leave from San Jose to Santa Teresa. I'm alone and on a budget, the other one are quite more expensive so may I have any problem with The costa rica shuttle or its just that they are less good than the other but less expensive?

Montreal, Quebec...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: shuttle share - Liberia to Santa Teresa (4-5th of March)

Thanks guys!

If I'm not able to find people go to Santa teresa, what is my best option alone from liberia to Santa teresa?

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: shuttle share - Liberia to Santa Teresa (4-5th of March)

If you will do a search, king_rat, on this forum using The Costa Rica Shuttle, you will see what people have been saying. You can order the search results by date to get the most recent. There have been a number of problems with this company.

Gabriel: One option is to spend the night at an inexpensive place in Liberia and then take the public bus to Puntarenas the next morning. In Puntarenas, take the ferry to Paquera and then the public bus to Santa Teresa. Look here for bus information: www.thebusschedule.com/cr/

In Liberia, Hotel Guanacaste is a basic hotel, about 2 blocks from the bus station. There are regular buses from the airport into Liberia. There are some other possibilities in Liberia, also -- Hotel La Siesta is charming and inexpensive, about 10 blocks from the bus station. Hotel El Bramadero has been around a long time and is a favorite. It's about 5 blocks from the bus station.

There really is no shared van shuttle that I can find to Puntarenas from Liberia and nothing to the southern Nicoya Peninsula. The cheapest thing I found was $170 for private transportation.

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
Level Contributor
1,783 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: shuttle share - Liberia to Santa Teresa (4-5th of March)

There is a company that runs a shuttle out of Santa Teresa called Tropical Tours and goes to points north each day for $45-50 depending on where you are going.

For some weird reason, their site has been down for a few weeks but they are still operating!, you can phone them (506)2640-1900 (506)2640-0811

7. Re: shuttle share - Liberia to Santa Teresa (4-5th of March)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 03:16
Get answers to your questions about Santa Teresa